Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do realize that my boys learned more than what I am going to post, but I am upset about a few choice instances.

First, my oldest son learned that when one person urinates in the sinks and on the floor of the boys' bathroom that all of the boys get punished for it - by losing bathroom privileges and only getting to go twice a day. He also learned that when another child hits him there are no consequences, and this is a lesson he has been able to repeat every year.

My youngest, who is in second grade, learned all about certain facts of life from a classmate who was all too eager to repeat what he learned from an older cousin. Luckily, he and his classmates currently have full bathroom privileges.

I think I have just about had enough of the public school system, or any school system for that matter.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vanessa, thanks for the hug

I am usually a very optimistic, happy person who tries to see the best in every situation. That has been tested quite a bit lately, and I really needed to share my frustrations.

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Itlbokay
First, my oldest son learned that when one person urinates in the sinks and on the floor of the boys' bathroom that all of the boys get punished for it -

My youngest, who is in second grade, learned all about certain facts of life from a classmate who was all too eager to repeat what he learned from an older cousin.
Teacher here - So sorry you are frustrated. But, just so you know, the school probably revoked bathroom privileges because this is a chronic problem and they don't know who is doing it. So, they punish all the boys until they know who does it for sure. However, you have the right as parent to say that this should not apply to your child. Talk to the principal. And, by the way, I completely disagree with this type of punishment and find it very frustrating when principal's do it.

As for the facts of life, well that can happen at home, too, with a playmate or in the neighborhood with a friend.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeland
My daughter got in trouble last week for holding the stall door for another student.

It is precisely those kinds of mixed messages that frustrate me and my children.

I have seen good children lose privileges over small things, while the repeat offenders are often just given warnings - over much larger issues.

My Ds wrote his principal about his feelings on the bathroom situation, and has received no response. Still, I am very proud of my son for bravely, and politely, letting his opinion be known.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.