Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good nipple for these bottles. I've read a lot of people saying that the nipples they come with aren't great, so I'm wondering what people are using instead with success and what fits. TIA!

·
Registered
487 Posts
We use the evenflo glass bottles for an occasion bottle of EBM. The only nipple DD will use in the Gerber NUK. It has a vent hole in the nipple to reduce the vacuum the suction creates. I've also heard the Munchkin brand are good because they have a wide base and make the baby open thier mouth wider like breastfeeding. Good luck! It took me several attempts with many different bottles/nipples to finally get DD to take one.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
We used the nuk nipples when ds was an infant (and, interestingly enough, my Mom used the same ones for me when I was an infant too.) I found that the silicone ones held up a lot better than the latex ones- they cost slightly more but were a much better buy in the long term.<br><br>
I also tried another kind with ds- a wider nipple that worked with standard thread bottles. It ended up being the only nipple he WOULDN'T take. He also did well with a standard bulb-shaped nipple- I switched to that kind when I switched to medium-flow nipples when he was about 10mo.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have had good luck with the evenflo comfi (silicone, marketed "more like breastfeeding") used on the evenflo glass bottles.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My DD will only take orthodontic nipples. For the narrow-mouthed ones like the one you're looking for, it's the Gerber NUK. For the wider-mouthed Playtex bottles, it's their own orthodontic nipple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts