Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out recently that Owen's dad gave his new girlfriend (fiancee??) *my* engagement ring
I knew I should have kept it and pawned it
It seriously doesn't bother me other than it just goes to show how replaceable a woman is to him. "Eh, that one left me but this one is standing nearby.... hey- want to get married?"
: I have no idea if this chick knows it was my ring but if that were me I'd be pissed off! That's like him saying "Hey baby, I'm too cheap to buy you a ring but ya wanna wear this one of my ex's?"
: At least he didn't give it to her 2 days before Christmas (2 days before Christmas will be 4 years since he gave it to me).

Eh, it's just a ring. A piece of metal (with an itty bitty rock
:
). I got the better end of the deal, and he's sleeping on my lap right now

· Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSavannahsMommy View Post
Just trying to lighten up the mood
:
Lighten away
Like I said- I got the better end of the deal so I'm not upset. I find it slightly disturbing that he would give it to her, but whatever. Anyone want to take bets on how long this lasts? I say they never actually get married and their "relationship" doesn't even make it another year. I say that within a few months after she has this baby she "sees the light" and leaves him (oh wait, that was me
).

· Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Maybe he could get it engraved one day with the first initial of every woman he gives it to!
We had actually talked about getting something engraved on it (something he always used to say to me. It was tacky, and I guarantee he's probably saying it to her). We never went through with getting it engraved, though now I'm kinda wishing I had left my mark on it

The small, childish, petty part of me wants to make sure it gets back to her that that was MY ring. But, I'll be the bigger person and let this go. But I swear to G*d if they get married in the same place we had talked about there will be some ass kicking. OT but funny story about the place we talked about getting married... it was in some small park on a lake in the next town over. I'd been there a few times, thought it looked nice, but never knew what it was called (knew the name of the lake, had no idea what the name of the park was). So anyway, Owen is born and I give him that name (no real reason, it just stood out to me that *that* was his name). Months later I decided to take him there. Imagine my suprise when we pull up and see this

Totally didn't plan that, didn't have any idea I did that, but kinda neat anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.