Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean it can't be like no one on the planet knows how to make an exact replica right? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a smooth creamy consistency. Tofu makes it too whipped like and I don't like it. I've thought of lecithin but woudln't know where to start with that one.

This has become my life's work: To find a way to make vegannaise

I actually know I've posted about it before but does anyone make this? maybe I'll strike it rich if I actually figure it out and sell the recipe

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I"m goign to try to do this using plain soymilk as I've seen in a few recipes. I'm going to use the same additions I would if using an egg like I used to, so I'll report if it's good

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well their ingredients list is:

Canola oil, filtered water, apple cider vinegar, brown rice syrup, soy protein, sea salt, lemon juice, and mustard flour.

Not sure what the soy protein is (is that like soy flour?), but I'm guessing that and the mustard flour is what stabilizes the emulsion?

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I don't know either. I tried to replicate it and gave up and on my next trip into the big city, shelled out for a jar. I use it so sparingly that that jar has lasted quite awhile tho.

I admire your perseverance!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalisis View Post
I don't know either. I tried to replicate it and gave up and on my next trip into the big city, shelled out for a jar. I use it so sparingly that that jar has lasted quite awhile tho.

I admire your perseverance!

Yeah it's like my life's work now

SHows you how many hobbies I have!

·
Registered
456 Posts
We just found out about this stuff, and finally found some not too far away... would LOVE to find a recipe to make it myself!! If anyone gets close, can you please please please post your results?!?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.