Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are not finding out the gender of this baby as we did with my first. And I'm starting to feel unsure about what name to choose if we have a boy again. I have always LOVED the name Bailey for a boy and wanted to name my son, Jack, that...DH doesn't like it b/c he feels it is too feminine. We named my son after DH's GF as the they alternate first and middle names with each generation. The compromise was we would call him Jack instead of John since I don't care for the name John...now I couldn't think of any other name for my son other than Jack b/c it suits him to a T!<br><br>
So anyway, I am back to really wanting to name my next boy Bailey but can't seem to think of a middle name that works well with it and is masculine enough to make known that he is a boy. So far all I've come up with is Bailey Michael...but only b/c it flows together...I have no attachment to the name Michael and would love something else. I don't want something overtly masculine like Zeus...I'm looking for something that flows well and will win my DH over.<br><br>
Right now our agreed upon boy's name is Nathaniel Skye...I like how Jack and Nate sounds...already they sound like great brothers...we chose Skye b/c we wanted something "organic" or "earthy" for a middle name...Coal was our back up middle name...however, all the earthy names I've tried with Bailey just don't sound great so I'm leaning toward traditional with that...I don't know and would love suggestions for a middle name that goes with Bailey.<br><br>
Our choice for a girl is clear...Iris Hope...no back up needed.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I love Nathaniel Skye!! I have no help- just love that name!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
<a href="http://www.behindthename.com" target="_blank">www.behindthename.com</a> has all kinds of unusual (for the US) names. It might help to figure out a middle name...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts