Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIL is opening a day spa here in my city and I will be working with her after I get my certification for doing facials/chem peels/derm abrasion. I want to know what has foreskin in it, what to look for in the "ingreidents" section, (b/c i know they wouldn't list it as foreskin, they would call it something different), and who tests on foreskin samples, (i know mary kay and avon do). I need to know so that we do not use any of these products at the spa.

Thanks for your help! Google didn't help me at all, lol.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Christy- the secret ingredient in the face cream- is usually called "TNS recovery" and there is a single company which has the monopoly on that I think. That actually has the foreskin as an ingredient.

As for what tests on foreskin - you are going to run into that EVERYWHERE. You are just going to have to ask the companies straight up what their testing procedures are. I am pretty sure they have to disclose all of that. The words that will help you get going with your searches are "fibroblasts / human foreskinderived/ in vitro Most of these companies will probably proudly call themselves cruelty free because they are not testing on "animals". Whatever.

If you find anything or rule some product out- I think we would sure like to hear your results.

The Spa sounds awesome! My husband just threw a salesman for a loop at his work yesterday... they guy had a skin product for people who work wearing latex gloves- my husband asked him all about their testing specificly if they test on foreskin or tissue from aborted babies. He said the guy's jaw dropped but that he tried to assure my DH that this was from a very reputable German company... my DH said... "Yeah- like reputable German companies have never done anything unethical- come back when you can tell me!"

Love Sarah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts