Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Marathon in our main car, and we're looking for a seat to go in DH's vehicle so we don't have to move the seat when I am working.

DS is almost 2.5, ~35 lbs, and he's almost 40" tall.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The Regent is great. We would love to get it for our little guy that is almost too tall for the seat he is in, but it won't fit in our vehicle. There isn't enough room from seat back to seat back in our ext cab truck. The choices we are looking at right now are the Radian, if we can afford it, or the Cosco Apex.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
IMO the Apex isn't any smaller than the Regent. We have the same problem w/ the lack of space between seats for the Regent, but it bothers me, not him. He just sat in it w/ his legs crossed or off to the sides. If he wans't going to be 6+ when we were replacing his seat, we'd look at it more closely.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Is the Apex as deep as the Regent? i have not seen one in person so I don't know. When we tried the Husky in the back seat of the truck it was wedged in with no space for legs between the car seat and the seat back in front of it. I didn't measure exactly what the space was, but it was less then an inch. With dd in a booster and new baby going in to the Scenera in April besides ds in whatever seat he is in then things will be tight in our truck. At this point in time trying to get a Apex is a stretch for our budget so I guess we will just end up hoping for a miracle that something works out or fits.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HOnestly, I can't see paying $300 for a seat that will get used one or two trips around town per week. I'm really concerned about the height issue though.

I will have to check out the Apex, as this is the first I've heard of it.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
If the Regent isn't fitting I don't think an Apex will either, it's a BIG seat. It also requires head restraints/high seat back, it's not reinforced as a stand alone shell, like the Marathon, etc. Which really leaves you with a Radian. You can check on car-seat.org's forums for a list of cars that have had successful installs with the Radian, it can be tricky, but is a good seat once you figure it out.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
If the Regent isn't fitting I don't think an Apex will either, it's a BIG seat. It also requires head restraints/high seat back, it's not reinforced as a stand alone shell, like the Marathon, etc. Which really leaves you with a Radian. You can check on car-seat.org's forums for a list of cars that have had successful installs with the Radian, it can be tricky, but is a good seat once you figure it out.
I took my questions about the Apex to another thread so as not to derail this one. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=760988 My concern about the Apex is not how wide it is and we have head rests I'm well aware of that aspect of the seat. My concern is how deep the seat is. The exact length from the back of the Apex to the front of it. From what I've seen in pictures it looks to be similar in depth to most convertibles. The Regent is much deeper. I have yet to see an Apex in person though so I can't say for sure. If I can ever manage to be in the truck long enough we might end up going to Orlando to see if anyone there carries an Apex. The Toys R Us here is tiny and I have yet to see one there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.