Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard lots of feedback on this board on the various soaker patterns, but I'd like to branch out and make DD some shorties. Anybody have any favorite patterns? I'd call myself about halfway between being a beginner and an intermediate knitter, if that would help.

Also, are there any free patterns out there? Seems to be a lot for soakers, but having a harder time finding ones for shorties.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I love the LTK( littleturtleknits.com) and the wooly wonder pans/shorts/capris. I love both so much I can't pick 1 as the top fav.lol And on occasion I have merged the 2 into one nifty looking pair of shorts.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp&pixie
I just finished knitting these shorts . I am still finishing the drawstring, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I used Danielle's free DoodlePants pattern. I am a total beginner so I had a bit of trouble with the short rows, but I figured it out well enough for the shorts to look okay.

Those are cute!great job!

I am actually knitting something up for Ms. Ruby(Victorias daughter, from the diaper party) currently. We are doing a trade.I dyed some Treiskle organic merino in shades of aqua and orange
I really like the purple you did!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu
Those are cute!great job!

I am actually knitting something up for Ms. Ruby(Victorias daughter, from the diaper party) currently. We are doing a trade.I dyed some Treiskle organic merino in shades of aqua and orange
I really like the purple you did!
OOOOH! Aqua and orange are my two favorite colors! I'd love to see your yarn. I have to admit that the purple knitted up nicely but I was very worried when I dyed it. I was trying for a crocus sort of colorway but all I had to use was kool-aid and coffee. The coffee didn't take hardly at all and the grape kool-aid is much less purple than I had hoped. I actually tried, without total success, to overdye the coffee parts with the kool-aid. I need to buy myself some good acid dyes for these colors.

What are you getting from Victoria? Her sewing is awesome. Maybe I should call her up and offer up a trade? Between us we could keep her in some sweet wool :LOL .

Sorry for the hijack...

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp&pixie
OOOOH! Aqua and orange are my two favorite colors! I'd love to see your yarn. I have to admit that the purple knitted up nicely but I was very worried when I dyed it. I was trying for a crocus sort of colorway but all I had to use was kool-aid and coffee. The coffee didn't take hardly at all and the grape kool-aid is much less purple than I had hoped. I actually tried, without total success, to overdye the coffee parts with the kool-aid. I need to buy myself some good acid dyes for these colors.

What are you getting from Victoria? Her sewing is awesome. Maybe I should call her up and offer up a trade? Between us we could keep her in some sweet wool :LOL .

Sorry for the hijack...

:LOL

I am getting my prefolds made into prefitteds

I was actually curious how my colorway would come out.it also has slight green parts where the colors blend.But it does a gradual fade towards where the skein runs out.then i used some natural, and halfway through the gusset earlier I had to start with some aqua I dyed.I will finish up the legs with orange and aqua stripes and probably a flower or two added on as well.This yarn is sooo soft....
I know, She is a wonderful seamstress. I actually tried one of my tyedyed ones on Zoe that she made up as a tester for me. It fit perfect!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts