Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(as I realize that I only have 3 months till baby booboo arrives, I think I'll be hanging out here a little more and pestering you all with questions!
TIA!)

Anyway, I have a $50 gift certificate for amazon.com and was thinking to use it on some stuff I will need when baby arrives. Problem is I'm totally drawing a blank...what should I get?? I'm not bothering with clothes/blankets as I have a few and expect to get tons more from friends/family. What else? (I'm just bummed that amazon doesn't have good cloth dipes or any of the slings I want
)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
buy yourself a beautiful soft fuzzy blanket you can cuddle your new baby and yourself in. (since you can't buy a sling!) This was/is my favorite item besides my slings.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd buy books. "Protecting the Gift" by Gavin de Becker. "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor" by Dr. something... & Aviva Jill-Romm's "Vaccinations: a Thoughtful Parent's Guide". That should get you started.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd second the book idea. Maybe some good AP books. Sears makes some good ones!

Maybe some good music cd's you could play during labor and afterward?
Boppy pillow? I'm not entirely sure what Amazon has.
Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Books are wonderful. One of our family's favorites is 'Mama, Do You Love Me?"

I'd also recommend the Dr. Sears Baby Book (if this is your first child), Spiritual Midwifery regarding pregnancy and giving birth (a whole bunch of positive, natural birth experiences), and a book on nursing if this is your first time breastfeeding.

We also love the HBO Family "Classical Baby"series of DVDs. Beautiful. Use great pieces of art, famous choreography (even the Nicholas Bros, my favorite tap dancers), and music all set to dreamy animation. It's our wind-down videos of choice.

Just an FYI... You can use your Amazon gift certificate in Babies-R-Us too!

One of my life-savers early on was a bouncy chair... I could put my babies in it and bring it in the bathroom while I showered. Also helped when my eldest was colicky from months 2-4.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i'd get books too--something nobody ever gives at showers/as gifts (although i'm not sure why):

maybe a good bf reference book; Baby Book by Sears; Sign With Your Baby; Playful Parenting by Cohen.... Or maybe a baby book or journal? And some board books for the little one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.