Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always heard that I should wash them on a larger load than what have so i've always washed on "large". I'd heard it gives them more room to agitate so they get cleaner. Well yesterday I forgot to change the load from "small" to "large" and when I opened the lid about halfway through I could not believe how many soap bubbles were in my machine. Those dipes must have been absolutely full of soap. When I open the machine normally when it's on a large load I hardly ever see any bubbles. So i'm thinking i've had this thing backwards all along and I should have been washing them on a smaller load. What do you do?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My take on it is that I don't want to see a lot of bubbles in the water. So I wash on extra large. The dipes always get clean and I think there is less of a chance of detergent building up on them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't the bubbles be coming out of the diapers though? Don't you want to get all the buildup out? Or maybe i'm just overtired and overthinking this. I did 4 or 5 washes (no soap) last night and this morning and each one had fewer and fewer bubbles in it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've always washed on large also. I soak for a while in cold w/out detergent. Then a hot/cold cycle with detergent. Then a rinse w/out detergent and there are always bubbles with the first rinse so I do a second rinse, and by then the bubbles are gone.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
i usually do a large load with bac-out on cold and then another large load with a small amount of detergent on hot/cold. But I always wash A LOT of diapers at once, because we are lazy about laundry around here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts