Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ack, I need help and don't know where to post this.<br><br>
My 5.5 month old DD has some sort of rash going on! It started yesterday, on her forehead and head, and we noticed it when we got back from being at a farm/park for a few hours. At the farm/park, DD slept most of the time in the shade, with a big hat and sunglasses on. I touched some animals (hourse and goat), we sat in the grass, and that's about it. I guess it could be a reaction to something? Or maybe she's got some disease (like chicken pox?!).<br><br>
Today, I noticed it on her belly and chest, behind her ears, and a little on her back. Nothing on her arms or legs or bum or face (other than forehead). It's a rash of little red spots, irregular pattern, not raised or bumpy, doesn't seem to be itchy.<br><br>
What the heck is it and what should I do? Shall I wait it out or go to the doc? I know you mamas can't diagnose, but perhaps someone here has had a similar experience?

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Sounds like heat rash to me. My ds has a similar one after a car ride in which the sun was right on him and an hour at the park.<br><br>
Try washing the sweat off. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was going to say heat rash too. My son gets it all the time, from his sweating more than anything I think, and it hardly ever goes to his arms and legs. It mostly on his torso.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts