Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am I supposed to do????? Dh's work is saying they will NOT add elijah to his insurance bc he was 2 freaking days over the 30 day mark to add him I am so angry and so scared bc dh makes too much to add him to state insurance for now so what the HELL are we supposed to do? W/ his hours cut back we can barely afford groceries much less the cost of health care for a newborn What am I supposed to do really what please tell me what I am supposed to do just not take him at all till Nov when they say they will cover him? This just IS NOT fair at all! We pay for the dang insurance why can't we add him 2 days late!? I just feel so upset right now.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm sorry! I went through terrible insurance crap when my daughter was born. I would just call them EVERY DAY and ask for them to add him.<br><br>
I hope you get it worked out!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have found the most useful phrase in dealing with customer (no) service is "May I speak with your manager?" The people who answer the phone have little or no power. They're only reading the script the computer tells them to.<br><br>
Also see if your husband's company has someone who deals with the insurance company for them. My old job had hired a company to kind of act like advocates for us. That type of person may know some way to get what you need to happen that someone who doesn't know the business wouldn't<br><br>
When my insurance was refusing to pay for the removal of my wisdom teeth I went up several levels of managers before getting it resolved.<br><br>
Remember to write down the name of the people you talk to, notes about what they tell you and the time and dates of calls. That way when they give you conflicting info. You can say "Well, on ______ the 6th, Mary told me ___________ which is different from what you're telling me now."<br><br>
The very word insurance makes my blood pressure rise. It is SOOO frustrating. You have my complete sympathy. I hope you are able to get your son added with a minimum of fuss.<br><br>
I just re-read your op and had a question, is it your DH's work, or the insurance company itself you're trying to deal with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts