Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
We usually go in the morning, and it's fairly empty then (9 AM or so). Around 10:30 AM or 11 AM it starts to get busy - lots of people will bring their lunches and hang out for a few hours.

When it heats up in the summer, it gets busy later in the afternoon when it starts to cool down.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I like 3:30 to 5pm. It seems to be the popular gathering time at our park while the SAHPs kill the last hour of the day before WOHP gets home. I keep thinking they should serve cocktails, but so far the Parks Board has no plans for this.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver Mommy View Post
I like 3:30 to 5pm. It seems to be the popular gathering time at our park while the SAHPs kill the last hour of the day before WOHP gets home. I keep thinking they should serve cocktails, but so far the Parks Board has no plans for this.
lol

alot of days, we go 2x, earlier in the day, like 1ish, and then again during the wannabe happy hour

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
My moms group meets at parks at 10:30. We usually stay until noon and eat lunch there. The kids fall asleep on the ride home and nap well from having run around. It seems the perfect time.

We will also sometimes go around 3:30ish is we need to kill afternoon time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I so want happy hour at the park. What a great idea.

OP, we usually go between 10am and noon, which is when it is the busiest. Sometimes we go in the afternoon after about 3pm, especially if DD isn't going to nap that day. IME the afternoon is usually older kids out of school and the morning is toddlers/preschoolers, if that makes a difference for you.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
it all depends for us. If the weather is nice and we got up early enough, we'll walk eldest DD to school (she's almost 11) at 8:45 and then play until 10:30 ish. If not, then we go around 10 and stay until lunch/nap time around noon.

Also a big fan of the post nap park trip around 3, we'll walk to pick up DD and then hit the park on the way home.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
During the week we usually go around 10 and then when its lighter outside later, and warm enough, we go again around 5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica1501 View Post
Do you guys go there at weekend or is it time for family and staying at home?

We almost always go to the park/playground and least once on the weekend. Usually Saturday morning around 9-10.

But if we're visiting with my parents or the IL's we might meet them at a park for a picnic lunch and the play.

Sundays are usually go out for a drive or to the lake or beach days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.