Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your doctor or midwife sent you for a progesterone blood test on 7dpo, what time of day did he/she recommend you go? I'm trying to figure out when I should go...TIA!

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
i have read that it is best when done in the morning and while fasting. P4 tests are notorious for being wonky because your progesterone can spike and fall over the day. So dont be too worried if you dont get what you are expecting.

two questions? are you charting or know exactly when you're O'ing? many Dr. tell you CD21, but hopefully by how you phrased the question you know that 7DPO is not necessarily the same thing and that 7DPO is what is important.

secondly, are they testing to see if you O'd or if you have low progesterone? if the latter, do you have other signs that you do (besides the Chemical, very sorry for that)

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
i have read that it is best when done in the morning and while fasting. P4 tests are notorious for being wonky because your progesterone can spike and fall over the day. So dont be too worried if you dont get what you are expecting.

two questions? are you charting or know exactly when you're O'ing? many Dr. tell you CD21, but hopefully by how you phrased the question you know that 7DPO is not necessarily the same thing and that 7DPO is what is important.

secondly, are they testing to see if you O'd or if you have low progesterone? if the latter, do you have other signs that you do (besides the Chemical, very sorry for that)
Thanks for the info!

I am charting and know when I O'ed, and I specifically corrected my doctor when she said CD21 -- I said "7 dpo, right?"
I happened to O on CD13 this cycle, so CD21 wouldn't be too far off, but better to have good data.

They're testing specifically to see about my progesterone levels -- except for my chemical pg, my LP has been 9ish days on average for the last 6 cycles even with 125mg of B6 each day. I'm actually already on prometrium (starting 3dpo), but they said something about being able to account for that in the progesterone numbers that come back.

Here's my chart if you happen to have an Ovusoft login: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=calihannah

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
good luck, i feel lucky that i think the one thing i dont have to deal with is a short LP, of course a long one has not been helping much, but o well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.