Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my best friend made me a gorgeous stash of wool soakers before my DD was born. She made quite a few very small since I was having preterm labor issues. Well, our DD was born right on time and a nice size so I haven't been able to use most of what she made me. In fact, only 2 fit DD and 1 of those won't fit for long. I would like to ask her to make more but I want to pay her for them - how much do these go for? What would be a fair price? Would it be rude to ask to choose the yarn? I know she probably wouldn't ask me for $$ but she does such gorgeous work I want to show her how much I appreciate her craftmanship.

Also, what do I do with the ones that never fit DD? I thought of telling my friend that I could give them back and she could sell them on ebay or something. I don't want to them to just sit in a drawer here when they could be put to good use by someone else!

thanks for your input

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Buy some nice yarn and give it to her. Check out www.hyenacart.com to research the prices that hand knit wool soakers go for. She should be able to sell the unused soakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts