Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making great progress with decluttering, organizing, simplifying, etc - except for pictures.<br><br>
Between our own family albums, the couple dh brought from his family home and my mother's - and she had many - plus the dresser drawer full of loose pictures - I don't know what to do with it all.<br><br>
Many of them are ones we want to keep. I have no problem throwing out thiose we don't care for but what to do with the rest? We don't have room for shelves full of albums.<br><br>
I can't imagine how long it would take to scan them and then transfer them all to disc. Is there a shortcut? How long do discs last? Is there a way to put them onto a disc with music in the background? How do I do all of that?<br><br>
My kids love poring over old ambums but many of them are falling apart from so much use.<br><br>
Any recommendations on what I should do?

·
Registered
522 Posts
you could put them soo close together so the endges are touching (think organized collage) and then scan a full sheet of pics instead of just one. Then, put them on disc. That is easy, and most computers can tell you step by step how to do it if you just search for "scanning pictures" or "save pictures to disc" I don't know about the music part....I have a mac and it is just an option when you scan to a disc....<br>
This would still be pretty time consuming, though. I am struggling with the same issue. Maybe photo boxes for the loose ones?<br>
Have the kids help- they can sort the loose ones, and perhaps put them into the new albums?<br>
I can't think of something better for pic storage right now, though. Maybe I have spurred some ideas....good luck.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Scan everything you can. It can be time consuming, but digital storage is the best kind. I'm not sure how long discs last, but you can buy high quality photo discs.<br><br>
If you really have a ton to do, you might look at buying a photo scanner for your home, as it may be cheaper in the long run.<br><br>
In lieu of scanning, you could get some photo boxes. These hold a ton of photos, and take up much less room than albums. They're nicer to look at on a shelf, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts