Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making my own pocket dipes with PUL outer and Microfleece inner. I love all my printed PUL fabrics, and I am holding on to all the scrap pieces hoping I will come up with some ingenious way to use them, but I thought I would ask here!! What do you do with all your excess pieces of patterned PUL, and the microfleece for that matter?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Glad you asked. I just used mine yesterday to make mama pads. I don't always like to use pul on these but for postpartum or heavy days it is good to have. The fleece can be used for layers in the pads or the top layer. You can also use the fleece for the internal soaker layer of your dipes.<br><br>
The other thing you can make that is cute is a little fold over pouch to hold individual mama pads in your purse.<br><br>
For the really small scraps I don't have any ideas.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've never worked with PUL before, so I don't know if this would work, but maybe you could do some kind of PUL patchwork and make a wetbag (maybe line it with some polar fleece or something water resistant to help). If you could, a patchwork wetbag would be kind of cute. I really have no idea if that would work or not, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Thanks for the suggestions... a cute PUL patchwork bag would be really cute! I wonder though, if it would leak through the thread??

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a solution to your patchwork wet bag. We use seam sealer on our tent. You can't see it- it's clear and waterproof. They sell it at campmor for about $3.<br><br><br><a href="http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/campmor/search/main.jsp?command=text&ip_text=seam+sealer" target="_blank">http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...xt=seam+sealer</a>

·
Registered
362 Posts
^^^Yeah, good idea rugbymom. I think I've also read that drying on hot also helps seal the seams in pul. HTH!<br>
If you do end up making it, pppllleeeaaassseee post pictures when you're done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts