Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dads!

James is getting his vasectomy on Friday, and I want to know what to expect. How sore will he be, how long will it last, and what can I do to help? Thanks to all you who have been there!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never Mind!!! This thing didn't get posted until after the fact because this whole forum is moderated!!!

He got through it fine, he's sleeping now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm glad everything is going smoothly for you. I am not there yet (only one kid so far!) but my cousin sat on a bag of ice for about three days, and I think after that he was fine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ouch...he is way braver than me...just the thought of snippin the boys...ouch...glad that it went well...I hear large quantities of beer or some gin beverage can ease the discomfort...an least that is what I am gonna tell my S/O when I get it done...I am going to mmmiiiillllkkk it!

take care

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My dh had his vasectomy about 8 years ago...no big deal at all. He took the happy drugs and kept it on ice for the first day but then he was fine. I was prepared to baby him but he really didn't need it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My DH would have done better if he had used ANY ice! I think it took him much longer - a week or more to feel better. I asked 3 times and then decided that he's a big boy and can manage it himself! Hope he's feeling well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! He's has been doing fine, but tonight he developed a fever and I am worried he will get an infection.
: He hadn't taken the antibiotics they gave him but decided he better pop one tonight. Otherwise just rest and ice and he seems to be moving around pretty normal. We'll see if he goes to work tomorrow or decided one more day of ice would be a better choice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoalice
Thanks! He's has been doing fine, but tonight he developed a fever and I am worried he will get an infection.
: He hadn't taken the antibiotics they gave him but decided he better pop one tonight. Otherwise just rest and ice and he seems to be moving around pretty normal. We'll see if he goes to work tomorrow or decided one more day of ice would be a better choice.
pop one...I'd pop what ever they told me to...ouch...testicle infection...that doesn't sound like fun at all...
:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Uh-oh... If he pops one, he better continue to take the rest of them so that he doesn't just antagonize any bacteria that are there. Not only would a testicle infection be bad, but a bacteria-resistant testicle infection would be worse!

Clara

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, he'll finish the course. They must be pretty strong antibiotics because there are only 4, one a day for 4 days. He was feeling just fine this morning and went to work, so I don't think there's an infection. Thank goodness, because I wouldn't want to have him deal with that!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.