Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD goes to a small center with 9 "teachers"-- several head and assistant teachers over two shifts in the two classrooms (she was in the 0-3 room last year, and switched this summer to the preschool), several after school teenagers (one who's a former student of mine!), and a volunteer. DD has interaction with all of them over the course of a week, and because the school is both small and egalitarian, the kids call all the adults and almost-adults "teachers."

I don't really want to get into trying to figure out who she sees more or less and ranking gifts that way, so I'd like to get the same thing for everyone. But I also can't afford to spend $200 on DCP presents, so I need some clever and frugal ideas.

So, any thoughts for small holiday gifts? Just something to show gratitude for the wonderful care they give my darling every day.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I agree about the Starbucks giftcards. $5-$10 is perfect.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good idea... there's actually a coffee shop right across the street from the center, so I could get a gift card from there, and then maybe put it in a little gift bag with a couple of chocolate covered pretzels or something...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The first year DS was in his current school I was determined to buy gifts for everyone. He had a teacher, a teacher's assistant, a teacher from the other first grade who did his reading group, the special educator who co-taught in his room, art, music, PE, dance, drama, and Spanish teachers, and the principal who had gone out of her way to do stuff with her.

I brought in a special snack for the teacher's lounge and gave everyone one of those plastic fridge photo frames (I think they were $1.99 each) with an index card inside saying Thank You. I got lots of good feedback.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got sucked in at Yankee Candle. The tiny little candle jars were on sale, so I bought one for each, and a general card for all.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staceychev View Post
Well, I got sucked in at Yankee Candle.
I get tempted to eat some Yankee Candles
: They just smell sooo good!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oooh, Sunflowers. That would've been a good idea. (Ooops. Except that a couple of the afternoon girls aren't 18 yet!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Someone mentioned Starbucks cards, which is what I did for my middle-schooler's teachers (she has nine and she said that "no one gives them gifts, Mom"--well we do!). I also love the idea of a cookie tray for the staff lounge or a few pizzas delivered at lunch time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.