Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what to pay our dog sitter. Okay, she's not really a dog sitter and not really a dog walker but I don't have a name for it. Best to explain what she does for us. Two days a week, my dh and I are both gone too long for the pup (really, a 2 year old Golden rescue). Harper is crate trained.

The teen comes over and lets Harp out of his crate and into the fenced backyard. He potties, they play fetch and he gets some love and human contact. The girl seems like she is/will be great with him (we only started this arrangement last week).

She loves dogs, has shadowed a vet in the past, and just seems like a great kid. (She's 15ish). She lives one block away and probably spends 20-25 minutes here each time. What would you pay for that? Her mom suggested $2 dollars for each visit but that seems way way way too low to me! I was thinking no less than $5 and perhaps up to $10 per visit. What do you think?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.