Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl has some bad yeast rash problems. Yeast just pops up everyday on her bum. Ive added a little tiny tiny bit of bleach to the diapers to kill it
, but it still comes back. The last time I had her to the docs, he said yeast rash runs wild in the summer where it so hot and moist in the diaper usually.

Ive heard of some kind of grapefruit stuff you can put into your wipes solution. I was at GNC the other day and found Grapefruit Seed Extract, it was not a liquid, but capsules. Is that what it is that you add to wipe solution?

What about tea tree oil? Does that kill yeast too? Or Lavender oil?

What to add the wipe solution for yeast? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
White vinegar helps for us. My DD gets a nasty rash from even a tiny amonut of GSE, so I wouldn't put it in there.

When she had some yeast really young, I just used 1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar and a drop of EO (I think it was lavender) to cover the smell of the vinegar.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Vinegar helps with yeast. You could put a little in her tub water. Also, Grapefruit Seed Extract is also very good on yeast. You can put some drops in the wash, some drops in her water (if she drinks) and probably some drops in her wipe solution. It is strong stuff, though, so use it spraringly.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I third the white vinegar. It's amazing how well it works. What I did was fill the squirt bottle with water and then added just a splash of vinegar. I got in the habit of wiping her down with it at every change until I was sure the yeast was gone for good. I also added 15 drops of GSE to the diaper wash for awhile too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I use liquid Grapefruit Seed Extract. About 4-5 drops in the solution seems to work better for DD than anything else on yeasty rashes. Also approx 20 drops in the hot wash cycle will kill anything lingering on the dipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.