Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parker wears Wonderoos overnight and we've been really happy with them for the last 6 months or so. Now that she's about a year old she seems to be more of a heavy wetter (<--is that a word?) We stuff them with two of the Cotton Babies One-Size MicroFiber Inserts (they are bright yellow with snaps) that are sold on the Wonderoos site and it just doesn't seem to be enough anymore...Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
As far as inserts go I've only tried wonderfulls and JB. I have to use the wonderfulls with the wonderoo b/c the JB just don't seem to be wide enough and it will leak out of the leg!

I guess you could try different combinations of the microfiber and hemp inserts??

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
It is hard for me to stuff my wonderoos. The opening seems small and the crotch is so narrow it seems that everything bunches up or tries to twist in there. So I am interested to see what the others say

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
I don't use my wonderoo's much anymore except for outtings. They are easier to use when you have a squirming baby on the seat of the car.

I have never used the microfiber inserts. I tried them a couple times when I first got them, (they came free with my wonderoo's) and they always leaked. I have since learned that it is recommended you use two inserts at night, but I just don't like the idea of microfiber.

I use my infant prefolds. One works well during the day (if you make sure the diaper is on straight. I was peeded on last week.
) On the rare occasion I use them at night I stuff them with two prefolds. After dd turned about eight months she started leaking with just one.

My prefered nighttime system (in case anyone cares. :p ) is a fitted with a doubler and a wool soaker. Good luck with your wonderoo's. I hope you find something to stuff them with that works for you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
2 hemp joey bunz inserts topped with a microfiber towel from Target/Walmart automotive section. The joeys are very absorbent, and the microfiber towel helps make up the difference between the width of the wonderoo and the width of the joey insert.

ETA: we sold all our wonderoos a while ago b/c of fit issues, but this is what worked best for us. The key was to put some absorbent fiber near the seams so that they wouldn't wick out the seams, either.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Our super night time Wonderoos get stuffed with a large Babykicks Hemparoo prefold folded in fourths the short way. That sucker would hold any flood! We use Wonderoos every night but I usually change her once at night when she wakes to nurse. Our first nighttime Wonderoo is usually stuffed with a Wonderfulls insert and the second is either the hemp prefold or an infant size UBCPF. I actually like the UBCPF the best because it is so soft and comfy and very absorbant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.