Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my diaper's tabs to be stretchy, so I have 1 mil PUL, but what to use for the body? I would like microfleece because it won't get wet, but is it stretchy?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Are you making pocket diapers? If so, then microfleece is a great choice if you want wicking material on the inside.

If you're making an aio w/ sewn-in soaker and/or absorbent body then I would use any kind of knit like sherpa or terry or jersey or fleece or whatever.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm making an all in one with a fold-out soaker. I was thinking if the body were microfleece it wouldn't get wet around the edges... maybe that's wrong, though... I just don't know what microfleece is like, I've never touched it!

Anyway, thanks... I think I'll try a bunch of different kinds and see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Microfleece is soft and stretchy. The DD AIO pattern offers the option of using microfleece inside (with no hidden layer) and a microfleece-topped lay-in soaker for an overall stay-dry feel (she calles it an AI2). In this variation, the outer part is really like a cover -- be sure to make the soaker nice and absorbent.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rolenta
I'm making an all in one with a fold-out soaker. I was thinking if the body were microfleece it wouldn't get wet around the edges... maybe that's wrong, though... I just don't know what microfleece is like, I've never touched it!

Anyway, thanks... I think I'll try a bunch of different kinds and see.
Microfleece is just a really thin, lightweight fleece. I think that it would be good for the kind of diaper you describe. You can put it on the top layer of the soaker too, if you want it to have a "stay dry" top next to the skin.

Definitely try various types. I tried a lot of different diaper styles and fabrics and brands and patterns before I decided on my favorites. I still use a variety b/c there are some I like better for different times and places and also b/c I'm still changing my mind. But I would rather have different assorted dipes and change my mind a lot than have all of one kind and discover I don't like it or it doesn't work for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.