Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,388 Posts
We have no plastic toys. We only get toys made from wood, cloth and ds has one metal dump truck for playing with outside. We try to only get toys from small artisans. Their wooden play kitchen from elves and angels is great, as is their treehouse dollhouse and my children really like wooden figures and animals from Ostheimer. Both my dd and ds like their cloth waldorf-style dolls that I made them. Balls are always fun. Dd loves doing art so we have lots of supplies. We also have lots of baskets with stones, pinecones and tree blocks (rounds of wood). Many of these toys are expensive and only found in catalogs or from small craftsman, but we don't get a lot of toys, and take care of what we do have, so it balances out. As far as your 8 year old goes, I am not sure as my children are younger, but they get in a lot of nature play. My dd is 6 and my son is 3 and loves this kind of stuff, so it has been easy finding toys that fit our philosophy as well as their interests. That said, my children spend most of the day outside and use what they have around them (sticks, flowers, trees, rocks, our assortment of farm animals, lol) for their play.

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppermint
my poor deprived kids have pretended they were "Game Boys" which one of their friends has.- :LOL
That is so funny! Once we had some neighbor kids come over and play and they didn't know how to play with my kid's toys. They asked "But what does it do?" looking at all the wooden stuff you need you imagination to play with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.