Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately we've used All Free&Clear but the homeopathis doc recommended we use only baking soda, in an effort to eliminate dd's atopic dermatitis.
Does using just baking soda work?
Also we don't use dryer sheets. Do you?

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I have contact sensitivities to chemicals, so I use Arm & Hammer Free and Clear and Downy Unscented. I used to use Bounce unscented dryer sheets, but they're difficult to find and more expensive. I also only use about 2 Tbs of detergent and 1 Tbs of softener per load in a front-loader.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Right now I use whatever is on sale. I would like to use something more natural but it's usually so expensive. The 2 I have right now where on big time sale so that's what I got. I think they are ALL

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
charlie's here, too! I highly recommend it.

No dryer sheets here

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Planet-- totally addative/residue free and certified bioodegradable! I'd like to try Charlie's sometime- cheaper?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
We use whatever scent/dye free detergent they have at the scratch-n-dent store. Our family has allergies and excema that are aggrivated by strong scents and detergents. Right now I have PathMark Free n' Clear and Arm & Hammer Free. I use 1/2 the amount listed on the bottle. I have Bounce Free dryer sheets that I use sometimes in the winter, and Sun & Earth liquid fabric softener that I use occasionally in the summer (hang clothes outside then... also use 1/2 the amount). Sometimes I just use vinegar in the rinse cycle. HTH a little. I imagine that baking soda would work, but for me that would cost more.

·
Registered
581 Posts
All F&C (don't like it - doesn't get our stuff clean)

Bold

Woolite

Baking Soda

Just bought Borax at the store tonight which will hopefully help our hard well water to get the dipes clean and odor-free.

Trying to give up scented detergent has been difficult for me --- I love that kind of stuff!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I use one part baking soda, one part borax and one part Ivory soap flakes (sometimes I can't find them, so I grate a bar of Ivory). Add white vinegar for the rinse cycle, and voila, I've got great laundry.

For awhile I was using those new dryer balls b/c they claim to take all the static out of your drying, but one of them exploded into pieces, so we now use nothing at all in the dryer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.