Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a ds in feb and almost a week ago me and my husband had unprotected sex. I was supposed to get my period on the 12th and it hasnt come yet! Im so scared...I already have my hands full with my 2 year old and 4 month old. I dont know how I would handle another one!! Im sooooooooooo scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ok, before you totally flip out, are you breastfeeding? It's only been 4 months since you had the baby, so it wouldn't be unheard of for your cycles to still be a little off, especially if you're breastfeeding-but even if you're not. If you were due the 12th, you're officially late, so a pregnancy test would more than likely show up by now. I'd test if I were you.

Don't worry about how you'd handle 3 kids until you know if you're pregnant or not. Yes, it's hard now, but by the time a baby you're pregnant with now would be born, you'll have a 3 year old, and a 1 year old,...and that's a BIG difference from 2 and 4 months.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
If you had unprotected sex last week and you are due for af this week that dosnt line up right with ovulation since most woman have a 12 day or longer luteal phase(the time between Ovulation and your period).

But if you are bfing that knockes everything out of sink and you may or may not have been fertile last week. At any rate you wont be able to test till around 2 weeks past the time you had unprotected sex.

·
Registered
854 Posts
well dd was 4mo and was my only child im now due in oct. yes only one time with out protection. i was exclusively breastfeeding too.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
My own post partum periods were alllllll over the place & made me so nervous some months! I'd have a perfectly normal cycle, AF would show up right on time, then the next cycle would be like 52 days long! PP periods can by crazy (*especially* it you're breastfeeding), that could very well be why your AF is "late". But like a PP said, you can test about 12-16 or so days after you had sex & if you are pg, it should show up on a test by then. I hope everything works out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.