Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're on night three of taking a stick to bed.

That would be a common stick from the backyard, about ten inches long. He asked if he could bring it in on Friday evening, stuck it in the side of his rocking chair, and told me it was his "airpipe." [Don't ask me, I've no idea.] The dog saw the stick on the floor later, did what dogs do, and now DS1 has a six-inch airpipe.
DS1 was most incensed to walk into the living room and witness his airpipe being gnawed on! Didn't stop him from wanting to take it to bed, though. I hope I don't have to explain why my son had a stick in his bed to the ER...

In other news, he spent the night at his grandparents' last week. Last time he was over there, my mom made him pancakes. She keeps the baking supplies in a lower cabinet. She was awakened at 6am by my son, standing at her bedside with a box, informing her that "B-I-S-Q-U-I-C-K spells PANCAKES!" She explained that it actually spells "Bisquick," but he just said there's a picture of pancakes on the box, so that's what it spells.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Let's see...
soccer ball
flashlight (not b/c of a fear but just really liked it)
star wars transformers
sticks- your son is not alone there!
aksed for a hammer but I had to say no
framed picture when he was missing his cousins
assorted cars and trains
a million other things I can't remember now

After he falls asleep, I fish them out from under him and lay them on the bedside table.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Watches. So far that's the only really odd thing.

But my FIL collects watches/clocks and makes a *really* big deal about winding them with her when she goes to visit (especially the coo-coo clocks!) so I'm pretty sure that's where her watch fetish has come from.

As a bonus it totally cracks me up that everytime DD talks to or about my FIL she starts out by saying "coo-coo, coo-coo".

Holly

·
Registered
591 Posts
Socks. To hold, not to wear.

Dd's would take their shoes too, but I have a major eeewww factor over shoes in the bed. I'm sure they would try and chew on them too while I wasn't looking.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hmm lets see..
DH collects trains and sometimes take parts of them to her bed, but I take them away when she's already asleep and something not so weird are some stuff of DH like his shirts or something but that's when He's not home for the day because he's working late or when he goes to a business trip

·
Registered
423 Posts
Calculator
Mini jewelry box (ring size)
Playdough
Nightlight
Sticks
A shirt, or comfy pants (again, not to wear, just to hold)
And of course enough books that she barely fits in the bed

It's always something, so it doesn't even seem weird to me anymore. A couple times a month I clean out the bed and make her choose only one or two things to have in bed with her. (And then it all starts piling up again.)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess a stick isn't so weird after all.

BTW, by no means is the stick the *only* thing in there with him. There's always an assortment of trucks, trains, cars and books. I try to stick with things I can easily fish out after he goes to sleep, preferably quietly. A couple of times he's conked out with the stupid alphabet caterpillar that YELLS when you touch it if it's turned itself off.
Right now there's a pumpkin in there with him, too. He likes his seasonal bedmates.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
DD is currently sleeping with my tube of toothpaste.....

and oh yes it has to be MY toothpaste......DH's or another random one just wont due

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma's_Mommy View Post
DD is currently sleeping with my tube of toothpaste.....

and oh yes it has to be MY toothpaste......DH's or another random one just wont due

That's really funny. My ds just grabs whatever he's been playing with--balls, trucks, books. He also insists on wearing a hat into bed (usually a baseball cap).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
oldest son went through a period of sleeping with a big old hard plastic shark called "eener."

youngest sometimes wants to sleep with his "different plane," a busted-up little hard plastic jet.

of course, i'm one of those "no plastic" moms, and these were grandma presents, and the boys LOVED them. sigh!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
A block with the letter Q on it. she promised to bring "Just one!" and it was on top.

This is a new thing for DD - she's only just started to ask to bring stuff. Bring on the weirdness.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Well, it's not weird, but she's has so much DH wonders how there is room for her.

She MUST have every night before bed:
her stuffed kitty
her stuffed doggy
her stuffed horsey
her baby doll
2 blankets
an adult sized pillow
a ball (if she can sneak a small one in while DH isn't looking)

Occassionally she'll ask for "baby" even after she has her baby doll. And we know she means her baby brother. So I go get the picture I printed off the computer just for her to hold, kiss, hug, and carry around as she does during the day.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonnymoose View Post
Right now there's a pumpkin in there with him, too. He likes his seasonal bedmates.

We're a pumpkin in the bed family too. A pie pumpkin to be exact. Our queen bed holds: 6 foot tall Daddy, due to give birth anyday Mummy, a wiggly 2.5 year old, 2 cats, various stuffed animals and Mr. Pumpkin!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Lets see the 3 year old has Lumpy (of Pooh fame), a lion (Linee), a Mike pillow (of Monster Inc fame), a puppy ggf gave him, a water sippy cup and oh yeah..the wierd thing...a penny under his pillow. Always.

I told dh ...maybe that means he'll grow up rich so he can take care of us..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Along with most of her stuffed toys and a library of books, dd has on occasion slept with:

A pumpkin (this seems to be surprsingly popular)
A garbage can (it's woven out of cloth)
Her and ds's easter baskets (they didn't have any candy in them)
Her diaper-changing pad
An extra diaper
The breadpan out of our bread maker

I'm sure there are other weird things I'm not remembering, too.

·
Registered
714 Posts
A stuffed pig and 2 (Has to be 2!) pieces of toilet paper he rolls into tiny little balls between his fingers. Has a fit if he doesnt have his toilet paper when he goes to bed. (You should of seen when I vacuumed in there this weekend, looked like snow!)

OMG som eof these are so funny!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
dd2 sleeps with small magazines, like reader's digest or campmore booklets. oh yes, and sometimes papers...just random papers that she calls her "mail".

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
books, shoes, my shirt, a pair of pj's to hug, a bunch of hair elastics, a ball..

·
Registered
835 Posts
How funny, I thought my kids were the only ones who did these things.

My girls love there shoes all four of them sleep with their shoes or want to wear them to bed. One of my twins has also wanted to sleep with her skirt for a while and every morning she would take her PJs off and put her dirty skirt on for a week straight.
:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.