Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Elle and Meadow both had food allergies/intolerances until they were two. Azaliah (10 days old) has been spitting up, refluxing, and has a diaper rash. The rash looks like little red ulcers around her anus and the same on a small part of one of her little butt cheeks. I have been using balmex at every diaper change and she seems not to be in any pain. The allergic/intolerant signs were different with Elle and Meadow. They never spit up and didn't have a diaper rash early on. The first sign with both was crying and restlesness.

Do you think this is a food allergy/intolerance?

Thanks!
Amy

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Oh no! I love that you are so on the ball, mama! Yes, it sounds like your new sweetie is sensitive to something in your diet. Our allergic rashes varied far and wide... but what you're describing sounds pretty familiar. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mama!

I guess today is the day I begin to starve again
It's ok, I'll lose all my baby weight in no time

I know that everyone is going to tell me that I need to wean. They all keep saying "if this baby has allergies too you make poision milk"
: I am commited to nursing. I eliminated for Elle and Meadow so you better believe I will eliminate for Azaliah too

Amy

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
I wouldn't say you have "poison milk" but it is possible that you have a leaky gut, and the children are reacting to your antigens.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I wouldn't say you have "poison milk" but it is possible that you have a leaky gut, and the children are reacting to your antigens.

OK! I would be willing to bet money that you are right! So what do I do to correct a leaky gut? Is it wrong for me to continue nursing if I have a leaky gut? Am I doing more harm than good? Elle and Meadow both outgrew their allergies very shortly after I stopped nursing them so I just feel that this would explain everything!

Amy

·
Registered
692 Posts
My baby had that diaper rash by like day 5. It was so sad and awful looking. It doesn't hurt her there because she can't localize pain yet. When I gave up dairy and gluten at 2 weeks it cleared up pretty quickly. Good luck and Congrats!

·
Registered
692 Posts
No, Keep Nursing!! Many of us here are dealing with leaky gut problems. Your milk is loads better than any formula.

There is a Healing the Gut sticky at the top of the Health and Healing Forum that's really useful.

Things to eat to help with a leaky gut could be:

bone broth
saurkraut or other unpasturized fermented veggies
kefir (water or milk)

There is loads to learn and loads of info on here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.