Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im not quite sure what the exact issue is so let me apologize in advance for TMI but i really need out of the box suggestions for my son.<br>
he has had past issues with constipation. lately, he doesnt seem to be what i would call constipated (esp compared to his history) but more of painful bowels maybe?<br>
he can go, needs to go, somtimes twice a day, sometimes evry two days (which IMO is normal enough) BUT when he is going/trying to go he will scream and cry and is in pain. this lasts until he is done, whether that is 2 minutes or 20.<br>
his little butt has been pink and sore looking and he seems to be going the tub more and more the past month (which he never did before his first bday, a month ago)..i guess because it doesnt seem to hurt as much.<br>
we have tried (all in the past, but not all with this specific bout) suppositories, karo syrup, the "P" foods, diet changes, ab massage and im sure a few things i am forgetting...none of it seemed to make a bit of difference.<br>
the only thing i have noticed is dairy def makes it worse. (he is still on formula and not cows milk and i have stopped with yogurt, hardly any cheese at all)<br>
the doctor was no help and no i have not had him looked at for fissures or anything of the sort. we are also b/t insurance companies right now.<br>
if you have any suggestions please throw them out here.<br>
right now i am thinking stool softener but have no idea if they have them for his age (13 months) or what other options are.<br>
TIA!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Have you tried a chiropractor? My daughter was constipated and in pain and we brought her into the chiropractor(I was a little sceptic of it helping with constipation), and maybe 10 min. after her adjustment she had to go to the bathroom!! It really seemed to help. The chiro also recommended her to drink lots of water.<br><br>
Good luck, Sara

·
Banned
423 Posts
Try giving apples,grapes,papaya before bedtime each night.<br>
This will add water to his intestinal track<br>
Also magnesium supplm daily helps wonderfull<br><br>
Cod liver oil before bed a teaspoon<br>
More drinking water<br><br>
Tyler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts