Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we are having a serious heatwave here.
I am almost 32 weeks and this is #3 for me.
when I get up and get active, I get BH on and off, on and off every 10-15 minutes for 3 hours or so, even if I lay down. Not terribly painful and I am well hydrated. They last about 1-2 minutes each. So, should I rest when they happen or just go on about my daily business?
Don't want an early labor, but need to get on with life...
I even stopped drinking my RRL tea and went to just pregnancy tea.
Any thoughts on the subject? Thanks!

V

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
i get a lot of braxton hicks. i did with my first pregnancy, too. they just seem normal for my body. i try to go about my normal stuff, drink as much as i can, and rest as much as i can. but i regularly get 3-4 long braxton hicks in a half hour.

so my thoughts are just keep trying to go about your day, drink as much as you can and rest as much as you can but don't worry too much about the frequency of your braxton hicks. it might just be normal for you. if they start to feel different than usual, rest some more, drink some more and try to take it easy and think about calling your care provider (if you have one).

~claudia

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Claudia,
One might think that by the 3rd time around I would have this all figured out, but it helps to hear from others and have the support!

V

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Walking, even if it is in the grocery store seems to set mine off too. However I do notice that if I am even slightly underhydrated they are really bad. What I do is continue what I am doing & just make sure I am almost over hydrated (today is the 1st day in almost 2 months that the high is not 100+ degrees
) & practice relaxing my muscles during the BH. And just be mindful of how they feel. Listen to your body if they get really bad, be sure to stop & rest.

I am paranoid about delivering too soon too. DS came 2 weeks early on his own & he was my 1st child, so I am expecting this one early too. I just keep telling him he has to wait atleast until Aug 30th. I'll be just over 37 weeks then. Of course because I am expecting early, he'll be 2 weeks late

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.