Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a stash of BG one sizes... I adore them BUT I can't STAND stuffing diapers. It is driving me insane. Plus, with a second baby on the way I don't know how I am going to find time to stuff diapers with a newborn and a 14 month old. There are a couple options I am considering.

Thirsties AIOs, have heard great reviews and I would love to do these for both babies, the issue? Expensive!!!

Another type of AIO, any recomendations??

Fitteds and covers... I am guessing like 18 fitted for my 14 month old and 24 for the newborn and 4 covers each?? No idea...

Suck it up and just stuff the stupid diapers that I have..

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
247 Posts
man, ok I only have 1 in dipes so I am not totally qualified to coment:)~ I use bg pocket dipes and yes stuffing is kinda a pain but I try to throw them on the couch and the evening or during nap time I squeeze a few minutes rest and stuff dipes while catching up on my fav tv show..it makes it seem relatively painless!

I just ordered some mums bums aio dips and mommys touch so I am excited to try those (although they will only be a SMALL part of the stash) and NO STUFFING!!

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Hmmm... I only have pockets but I have heard that AIOs take a lot longer to dry. I only have one baby but what works for me is that I stuff the diaper right before I use it, so it doesn't feel like I spend a lot of time stuffing them. I just pop everything in a drawer (or laundry basket) when it comes out of the dryer and don't stuff until I use them.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to have no issue stuffing when my spawn, I mean child, actually NAPPED but apparently we don't like doing that anymore. I should probably just suck it up and use the dipes I have. Though I am going to have to get more because 24 diapers between 2 kids is SO not enough.

I have been thinking about getting the BG AIOs though... I have heard good things and I really like the shape of them, plus I have 3 of the teeny ones that I really like. Silly diaper obsession!!

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I hate stuffing pockets too.

I've never tried the sized BG AIO's but really like the organic Bum Genius OS AIO's. Another good AIO is Dream Eze (they are organic too) I don't find that they take that much longer to dry as they are not sewn in the same way other AIO's are.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love dream eze AIO.
They are really trim, good fit, fast drying, and easy to put on.
It's made in china, but you can get them used for 7ppd on diaper swappers if you can get a good deal.

I want more of them....but I probably shouldn't...

·
Registered
721 Posts
you could use the BG just as covers and get some prefolds to trifold into them. the prefolds will dry lots faster than fitteds (chepaer too!) FWIW, we have a 20 mo and 1 mo and we have 24 BG OS and a ton of prefolds/covers in NB/small. it is working out just fine. dd uses about 5 or 6 diapers a day at the most (some days none) and i save the pockets for ds for nigth time and out of the house, but the prefolds are reallye easy too. we like NB prowraps and XS thirsties covers.

i woudl make do with what you have...but i'm cheap like that

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
not a fan of stuffin or the long dry time and/or the synthetic in AIO's.
Thus part of the reason when the dust settled I landed in fitted's.

Prefold's are easy to use, wash & maintain -- cheap too.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ifluffedthree View Post
not a fan of stuffin or the long dry time and/or the synthetic in AIO's.
Thus part of the reason when the dust settled I landed in fitted's.

Prefold's are easy to use, wash & maintain -- cheap too.
I would use prefolds... but DH would NEVER change one!! He still can't get DS's pajamas on right half the time so I don't even want to know what kind of leaks we would have with him trying PFs!! I may try a few fitteds.. we had them when DS was a baby but they didn't fit him well at all then.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have you tried one of the BumGenius One Size Organic Cotton AIO's? They have mixed reviews, but have worked well for us. For the older child though, probably need a doubler and even the BG inserts you have now could be tucked underneath the cotton part because there is a gap between the layers if that makes sense. So it dries quicker than other AIO's. I also like the ImseVimse Organic Cotton All In One and that dries quicker than the fitteds we have. But the BG One Size is nice cuz it's well, One Size!!!

I don't mind doing the stuffing. I find it more convenient to insert that than folding the prefolds and putting them in a cover. That would be a big stash to replace though, maybe try a few different kinds and go from there. We use a variety of diapers anyhow because when we started we tried a bunch of different kinds, but even with the baby on the way for us too (and congratulations to you
) we plan on adding more BG's mostly to our stash.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input guys!! I think we will just stick it out with what we have.... I bought a dozen PFs and 2 covers to play around with on Trevor as that seems to be the cheapest option for a newborn... plus, I figure if we can deal with the PFs I can get away with only buying like... 6 new BG 3.0s and use PFs and covers sometimes too... I wish I was a millionaire and could buy tons of AIOs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.