Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gained so much knowledge from these message boards and owe all a great deal of thanks... I am trying to find my(our) path to healing now, and am wondering what some mamas who have btdt would do?

I finally saw a naturopath a few weeks ago and had an ELISA done for me (she said for ds - 10 months - it probably wouldn't be very accurate). It said I need to eliminate eggs, gluten, beans (though not soy), peanuts and almonds. I am to see the ND Monday and get her advice, but I am anxious to do the right thing ASAP! I feel like all the time it's taken to get here could have been more productive if I had been more knowledgable, but hindsight, you know...

I have been dairy free for ~8 months (save two incidents) as well.

I have been a vegetarian for ~10 years, but after getting turned on to WAPF/NT via these boards, I have been experimenting with bone broths, and even wanting to add meat (but I can't seem to digest it - maybe should do HCl?). I've added cod liver oil to my diet, in addition to enzymes and probiotics, and recently started glutamine (from the ND). I suspect yeast as well, but have had no thrush or anything. Spit tests are positive, how does one tell? Or do you just treat? What about die-off effects? Can ds have internal yeast? Should I not even try feeding him solids (he is into it, but usually doesn't actually consume them)? - I worry about further damaging his gut. Am I blowing things out of proportion? Sorry - I tend to go to the extreme sometimes.

I have a lot of questions and am pulled different ways. DP urges me to integrate gradually, as the new eliminations are already so huge. But I wonder if I should start eliminating sugar too (for yeast?), or doing grapefruit seed extract (externally, internally?)? Anti-fungals? Rotation diet (hopefully ND will help me figure that out a bit)? SCD? GAPS? Or meditating???
:

Thanks for all your insight to this point, and any light you have to shed on our current situation. I really admire your perspectives and attitudes, and am sure this experience is teaching me many great things. Thanks for being patient with me!

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
I think eliminating sugar is probably a good place to start- not too drastic.

And even though the ELISA said it was ok, I would probably cut soy out just to be on the safe side. Many people that are dairy allergic can't tolerate soy either. And with you showing positive to other legumes too....

I think you're definitely on the right track!

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
All things considered, you might want to wait another week and a half before cutting out sugar, so you can enjoy some holiday goodies. It probably won't make much difference in the long run, but it can have a big emotional impact right now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding, I really do appreciate it.

We had been seeing better poops since ELISA-eliminated foods, but he just had two that were very watery around the edges and had a few specks of blood.

Does anyone have other testing experience they can share? Or related poop detail (DP just teased me about my diaper examinations).

Another wild thought - it seems like I have trouble digesting fat, and this might be coming into play here...

Again, thanks for any/all input!!! I think I may wait to see what the ND says Mon., but it's really helpful to put it out there now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.