Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We keep going back and forth on this one...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD is 5 and in her second year of Montessori. She will be entering Kindergarten next year. I am a SAHM and she goes 5 days from 9-12. We used to live 5 min. from school and just moved 15-20 min from school. Currently DH takes her on his way to work and I pick her up. It's been working out fine, although farther than I'd like to drive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are trying to figure out plans for next year for kindergarten and for DD2 will be 3 and entering M in the fall.  We are thinking about keeping DD1 in M for Kindergarten and also enrolling DD2. The tricky part is 1. the cost. 2. the hours (DD1 would end her day at 3, DD 2 would end the day at 12) 3. commute.  The public elementary school we live by is good. And I plan to send her there for 1st grade.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The options are 1: Send DD1 to Kindy at public school. Send DD2 to M preschool and keep commuting to pick her up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. Keep them both at M. DD1 goes to kindy. DD2 goes to M preschool 5 days. M and F until 12, T, W, Th until 3. I find a job part time (I'm a RN) to pay for the extra tuition.  This would mean DD2 would go from being at home full time to staying at school from 8:30-3, 3 days a week and 8:30-12, 2 days a week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess my dilemma is that I don't have to go back to work. I love staying at home and want to be home. But if we want to have 2 kids in private school I have to work part time. I feel like 8:30-3 is too long of a day for a 3 yo. What's better, time home with mom or both kids going to Montessori!? I really, really love our school and in a perfect world would keep them both there. But the decision is a bit more complex than that!  Just wanting to bounce this off some people. Our family thinks we're crazy for considering this, but we want to do what's best for our kids.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts