Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a large wholesale purchase from a WAHM who had never done wholesale before. She claimed that it wasn't too big and that she could get it done in 2-3 weeks. That was in February. I've gotten excuse after excuse and finally I'm receiving no correspondence from her. I have NO merchandise from her and my business is out the large sum of money I paid for the items. I really believe that she didn't set out to scam me but has since become incredibly overwhelmed. I'm not sure the motive even matters at this point. How can I handle this situation other than hiring a lawyer?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a difficult situation. I'd email her and ask if she is ok, since you haven't heard from her. Be as friendly and caring as possible.

Maybe you could let her know that you understand it was a large order. Perhaps she could send you a partial order, and then follow up over time until it is fulfilled entirely.

However, if you still don't receive any communication from her, can you find out other WAHMs who know her? I mean, how long has she been in business? Try to find a go-between to work this out. On another board I read about someone who was flat out scammed by a WAHM. She posted about it and tons of people kept posting their support for her, and the WAHM in question had to try to come clean. If it is someone on mdc, then maybe after a few more tries of being nice you might consider posting about her on mdc and getting us to back you up.

I wish you luck. Gosh, I just can't imagine being in this situation. I mean, I feel guilty if I take a whole day to respond to someone's email!

Peace,

Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts