Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas,

Here's the thing. I really need to pay some bills. I have a whole stash of newborn diapers, including 2 doz. Kissaluvs size 0 (new and unwashed) waiting for the newborn to arrive in August (please G-d). I also have lots of random hand me down newborn dipes and prefolds - probably plenty to suffice in the first couple months.

Should I sell the yummy, fluffy, oh-so-soft Kissaluvs because it would really help me pay some bills? I feel like, on the one hand, this baby (who could be my last) should have some great fluff. On the other hand, newborn diapers are so fleeting and the $$ could go to pay bills - when the babe grows into something bigger I can get something nice then.

Sigh. What would you do?!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
How much do you think you could get for them?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know. At least $50 for the new ones, I should think (dozen) and a bit less for the washed/used ones. All in all probably about $100. Doesn't seem like a lot but right now it is to me (and to the credit card company
).

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Oh my, I thnk you could get more than that for them! Brand new kissaluvs 0's? Heck yeah! They've never even been washed I'm assuming. I'd probably sell the brand new ones for $8 or 9 postage paid each if possible(quite possible on ebay by the way) and then keep the washed/used ones. If you have extra $$ beor the new one arrives, buy seconds from the outlet or on the TP. bills take precedence over cute fluff in my opinion. Wish they didn't though!!

Meg

·
Registered
892 Posts
I bet you could get more than that. I sold seven USED kissaluvs for $44.

But, I understand your dilemma. Not sure what to say. I've sold off my newborn stash, even though we'll have more kids in the future -- but I've used the sales to buy new size up fitteds...

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Maybe sell the new ones and keep the used ones.

You could always sell the used ones after if you still needed more money.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Maybe you can save one or two for the baby memory box and photos, and sell the rest.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I think you all are right.

I am going to sell the new ones (they're the "Kissanots" which are 3rds but I can't for the life of me figure out why -- they look perfect) which is why I thought they'd be worth less. I'm keeping the cutest ones in colors, keeping some of the used ones that are a little more "used" and going to sell the rest.

On the up side, I found a Kate Spade diaper bag today at the consignment store for $40. I'm ebaying it for way more. They go for over $100, even used. I don't care what brand of diaper bag I use (and this one is probably too narrow to be good with cd's) but other people LOVE these. YESSSS!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.