Mothering Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You and your hubby are able to go on a 5 day trip to Vegas (during which he has to work) paid for by his work and the trip will happen either on your birthday or your anniversay. Bear in mind that you got married in Vegas (and never got to celebrate your wedding night) so it would be pretty romantic. Here's the catch: he wants you to leave your 12 mo old at home? Your baby is still nursing, really attached and won't sleep anywhere but his own crib. In addition, there is conflict between the two of you as to who should watch the baby. So what would you do?

·
Registered
392 Posts
It sounds like you really want to go and have time w/your husband, and he with you, & I don't blame you!<br><br>
however with the nursing/attachment & sleeping situation, I would stay home with the baby & plan on it after he's older, weaned & when you can agree on someone to stay with him.<br><br>
hope you can get to a decision that works for you all. if you go have a wonderful time!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Not go. I think that's too much change for a baby all at once (you being gone for so long and weaning from the breast). I feel your pain, though. Our anniversary is next month and I REALLY want to surprise my dh with a hotel room for the night, but I don't have the heart to not only not sleep with my ds but also not have the breast available to him for so long.<br><br>
Wendi

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would either not go, or see if someone else could come w/ you. That you have a babysitter and are not w/ out your child for so long.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would not go with a nursling who was not already well on the way to weaning. (for example, a 6 year old who nurses once or twice a week, I would feel fine going.) In your shoes, I would not go.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wouldn't go. Five days is way too long. At 2.5 yrs I haven't left ds with his grandparents for more than 5 hours, and he's weaned.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'll be the odd man out - I'd probably go....but I'd maybe book my flights a day or two less than dh - maybe pick a few of the best nights to stay (if possible) and pump my little heart out until then. Also, I'd maybe do a trial run of dc staying at the chosen sitters house....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am going to convince my hubby to take D along. I have some... extended extended family (my aunt's husband's bro and sil and their cousin... long connection but all the same) that live in Vegas and have invited us to stay with them. If my hubby doesn't feel comfortable asking if he can bring Dylan as well, maybe I'll just go stay with them. I want to go but I don't feel like I can leave Dylan right now. I don't know that he is weaning or not for sure... and I am planning on letting him wean himself so we'll see. This will either be the situation that works or else I guess I just won't go. Thanks for your advice everyone!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
That sounds like a great plan. We took DD1 to Vegas when she was 12 months old and we all had a blast. Good luck.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sounds like you made a good decision. I would do the same. Have a great time!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I could not leave either of my kids for that long.<br><br>
Staying at your relatives sounds like a good compromise. Have some fun.

·
Registered
444 Posts
that sounds like it would be a good comprimise. Then maybe the relatives can babysit so you can have some romantic time together!! I don't think that having a baby in vegas full time (in vacation mode at least ) would be very fun - it's just so smokey and loud and not very fmaily friendly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts