Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use one to make your homemade yogurt, what do you have? Are any of them glass and not plastic? I would like that better.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I used the Yogourmet with the plastic canisters but I hear they have glass now too. This is a great yogurt maker. You can make up to 1/2 gallon. I gave mine away to an MDC mom though because when I make it, I make a gallon. I didn't want more gear around here. I put my half gallon canning jars in a cooler that has a few inches of warm water in the bottom. I put it in a warm spot and cover it with a blanket for insulation.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I can't think of the name of mine off hand but it was 17 dollars on Amazon. It is a one quart maker and comes with a plastic container. I have read multiple reviews on it and many of them say that they have replaced the plastic container with a glass jar and it worked great.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amseiler
I can't think of the name of mine off hand but it was 17 dollars on Amazon. It is a one quart maker and comes with a plastic container. I have read multiple reviews on it and many of them say that they have replaced the plastic container with a glass jar and it worked great.
Your probably thinking about the Salton one. That's what I have too, and I love it. You can replace the plastic in it (if you have issues with plastic) and put a glass mason jar in there instead.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the Yogourmet one too. It was the only one I could find that mad ea decent quantity of yogurt at a time (half a gallon). For us this is fine/sufficient. I make yogurt about once/week.

·
Registered
640 Posts
LittleLama I am with you!! I use a mason jar in the space between the glass door and the storm door to our house.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by msiddiqi
Your probably thinking about the Salton one. That's what I have too, and I love it. You can replace the plastic in it (if you have issues with plastic) and put a glass mason jar in there instead.
yep! I just bought that one because I can use glass in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts