Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm partial to

Healthy Parents, Better Babies

Which is a thoroughly opinionated look at getting healthy before you TTC. On the plus side it has a great overview of hormonal cycles, and a great introduction to many kinds of alternative therapies, and nutrition.

On the downside if you are obsessive at all, after you read this you could turn TTC into a 48/7 job.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yep, herehere for Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which in my opinion, should be mandatory read for all little ladies because knowledge is power.

Not to mention what a book like that can do for a young girl's self respect.

I love the getting healthy before you ttc attitude! I haven't read that book. Does it say I should cut out chocolate
because I already cut out
and feel much more fertile

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
Big fan of TCOYF...I also think it should be mandatory reading for all girls...sooo much better than the crap they try and teach you in middle school.

I have Healthy Parents, Better Babies. It kind of turned me off...I guess because it is such a no exceptions way of doing it. And I obsess...which means that I would be so stressed out about it that I wouldn't get pregnant anyway.

I like Susan Weed's Herbal for the Chilbearing Year. That one has come good info in it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon.

I have Healthy Parents, Better Babies too and have learned a lot from it, but it's almost too thorough--it's over my head and I find the info hard to sort through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.