Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe it's on your registry?

For me - this is kiddo #2 so I don't need a lot of baby crap - I have most of the stuff. I have gotten some baby boy hand-me-down clothes so for atleast infancy, I'm ok there.

Basically all my wants/purchases surround breastfeeding (hey the milk is free but some of the 'aides' can make things easier).

This time around I really want to try LANAcare wool breast pads.

I also got on ebay some of the freezer trays to freeze your milk in and some more Soothies (worked wonders last time).

I will get more Lansinoh.

I have a boppy I'll use again and my bravado bras (I'd like a new one but not wanting to spend).

I have my single electric Medela pump (need to make sure it still works).

What's on your list?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
You would think I have everything since this is #4 but actually we left almost everything behind in Memphis when we moved with family or Goodwill! I don't know what I was thinking as we knew we would be TTCing soon! I am most concerned about cloth dipes and clothes. I think my family will try to send me some of the things they have that were mine but we are going to wait until I know what this babe is before they really are going to worry about it. Our place is so small we don't have room for anything besides a crib and maybe a rocker for me. Luckily I still have my sling. Can't think of anything else I really *need* to have. Most would be just wants.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well like Lanie, I also got rid of most everything when we moved 3 years ago. So even though this is baby 4, I am basically starting from scratch.

I know it sounds crazy but I am going to do most of my shopping in January.

I have gotten a few things though. I had a 40% of coupon from Natural Family Boutique that expired a few weeks ago so I used that do order a Prefold Diapering Kit (complete with covers, detergent, etc...) so I am all set there.

I also got in the mail last week a coupon from the Carter's Outlet Store that recently opened near me. They were having a sale of 40-60% off, and on top of that I could take 20% off my entire purchase of $50 or more. It expired next week, and the last place I wanted to be after T-day was the Outlet mall! So I went out yesterday and got a bunch of layette stuff. Receiving blankets, onesies, sleep bags, towel, wash cloths, booties, etc... Got a bunch of stuff and it came out to more than half off. So I am happy with that. Biggest problem was that they didn't have a huge amount of gender neutral stuff...

I don't think I will be buying anything else until after the holidays - need to focus on that right now.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I need to get a little winter coat, and some more diaper covers. I think I might get a few fitteds, too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My nursing bras are all worn out, so i need some more of those. And I need to procure a car seat from somewhere, since ours was a loaner, but it looks as if I might get one from my friend. I might try to pick up some Kissaluvs and a few more covers, but I don't need need them and since ds doesn't seems to be going to potty learn before the babe after all I'll be washing lots of diapers anyway.

The one thing I am abseloutely going to buy is a beanbag chair. That way I can nurse and still be at ds' level so he can play next to me or climb into the chair and cuddle and read books. that is going to be my Christmas present for the year, and we'll probably put my IL's christmas money towards it too.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Britax regent for DD ( new baby gets the marathon)
My mother is buying me a Didymo ( she wont tell me if she already bought it or not and its KILLING ME!)
More yarn to knit longies with
:
Birth supplies

gosh I'm boring

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What don't I want to buy?
Can you tell it's my first!

I'm trying to stay away from too much baby junk, but most of it will be hand-me-downs so I feel like I'm being a responsible consumer.

Most of our Babies R' Us registry consists of things for the nursery- changing pad and covers, boppy, baby monitors, my crib set. My grandma and parents are buying the big things- co-sleeper and nursery furniture.

I have a second registry at thethingsIwant.com- that's all my crunch stuff. Cloth diapers, natural toys, slings, and wraps mostly.

I've myself and the babe a few things like a Happy Tushies wetbag and changing pad, hotsling, a few clothes. Otherwise, I want to see what we get at our shower and as hand-me-downs before I purchase.

It's so hard since DH got a new job and I can spend, but I'm trying really hard!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I really need a carseat, I plan to get another Triumph 5, I really like the one I have for dd. I would love to get a double stroller, because we sometimes go out of town for hours if not for the whole day and it can come in really handy. I could use a few more fitted diapers and a Moby wrap, but can do without. Other then stuff for the birth, birth kit and some more recieving blankets I'm pretty much set. I can't wait until after christmas when I can start getting everything ready. I can't really do much of anything until dh has winter break from school and I'm just dying to rearrange and wash baby clothes and diaper. I will have 3 weeks in January when I will actually have some help from dh and when that times up I will be 37 weeks.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
i want some wool longies, an organic sheep skin throw and a tummy tub.

my happy hang-up is on it's way from austraila! YAY!!
:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I want tiny ruskovilla stuff but am pretty sure most of it is more like 3-6 months (60 cm) so I am knitting tons of basics like pants, overalls, sweaters, hats, booties, etc. and am collecting other basics like onesies and cotton basics.

I would like a nice fleece bunting.

What we're spending money on is an Ayurvedic doula for a few days after the birth which includes massage for mama, cooking a 5 course meal, and help around the house. It's 100$ a day with the first day free.

Oh yah, and I'd love some new Weleda products for baby.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I have to restrain myself from buying girl clothes... it was SO hard to find cute boy clothes but there are cute girl clothes everywhere... I don't want to go too crazy in case they were wrong!

I have recently ordered two new nursing bras. I've been in my old ones full time for the past 2+ years now and they are just not supportive enough for me. I thought of getting some non-nursing bras, since DS doesn't nurse that much anymore (2-3 times per day) but then, I decided to get them anyway. It is hard to find a 38-40 F bra, and impossible to find that size in a nursing bra without ordering it, and I'll be nursing constantly in a few months anyway. So I splurged, tried to get the most supportive ones I could find!

Otherwise, I'm still knitting
And that's been fun!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
girly stuff...

i bought a basic layette pattern and a bunch of knit fabric on sale so I am going to make a ton of nightgowns and caps and booties and whatnot..

new nursing bras...

a nice nursing pillow

a "la bassine" birthing pool

·
Registered
277 Posts
We really don't NEED anything since we're having another girl. I'd like a few more nursing bras, a few warm sleepers and maybe a sleepsack. DD#1 was born in July so her 0-3 month stuff isn't warm enough but my FOUR closest friends have all had winter/fall girls in the last year so I've been told I'm getting lots of hand-me downs!

Stacy

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
At this point, all I need is a carseat. I could use a new nursing pillow but it's not a requirement, same with a bouncy seat. I use the seat for when I'm taking a shower or something since DP works such odd hours he's never home when I want a shower.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I am wanting to buy a new breastfeeding pillow, a changing pad/covers for the table & a new bassinet mattress with a new cover for the bassinet. I ripped the old one beyond repair. Besides that, some more neutral diaper covers & one pack of disposable dipes for the first week.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
YAY! my happy hangup is here!! i got the purple one.

http://www.happyhangup.com/
That is SO COOL!!! Let us know how your baby likes it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.