Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't sleep this morning so I have been up since before 6:30. Loaded and unloaded the dishwasher a zilllion times today. Made cinnamon rolls from scratch and breakfast burritos from scratch. Made split pea soup from scratch for lunch too.

Did 3 loads of laundry.

So now this afternoon my lard ass is sitting on the couch playing on the laptop watching football. I'm pooped.

Oh and a roasted chicken is in the oven.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Wow, you got lots done this morning, geez! Good for you, mama.

I laid around until 1ish, then went for brunch with two friends and dd. I hadn't eaten recently enough so by the time we got there I was feeling super nauseous, and asked the server for soda crackers before we even ordered. I had a super yummy egg, veggies, and cheese thing with potatoes (which I'm not supposed to be eating but man they help the nausea), and my one cup of coffee for the day.

Ran into DD's dad there and he hung out with us, which was nice but my housemate hates him so there was some tension.

Then I DD, housemate and I went thriftshopping and to pet animals in a pet store (I know, I know). Then home, and I'm about done being able to sit up and am gonna go lay on the sofa, hopefully for the rest of the evening.

DD is in her room watching Treehouse and happily chopping off the hair of the Strawberry Shortcake doll she got at Value Village.

That's about it!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I had trouble sleeping too...I was up for about 3 hours last night! I might have gotten a few catnaps within that time but it felt like I was awake for all of it. So, needless to say, today has been pretty quiet! We went to a b-day party for a kiddo in our playgroup for a few hours, and other than that I have been lying on the couch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
We had a super lazy morning. DH had a work meeting so the kids and I lounged around in our PJs until about 11. Once DH got home though, we spent most of the afternoon outside. Started raking leaves, in spite of the fact that both the big elms in our back yard are still more than 3/4 full, as the kids wanted to jump in leaf piles. They had an absolute blast and we had a big ol' family leaf fight.

Also started decorating for Halloween. DS is starting to get into it now so he wanted to decorate our yard this year so we filled up some of those pumpkin and ghost leaf bags. Then we went to the store to pick up a few things (where I darn near got sick in the middle of the store thanks to super sensitive preggo nose). Got back home, played outside some more w/the kids while DH came in to make supper. Should be ready in about 10 minutes.
Kids are watching a few minutes of Treehouse before supper and I just finished uploading the pics I took this afternoon onto Facebook.

This evening . . . relaxing!!!

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
Are other people feeling so non-functional? Like, I can barely stand up for a long time without feeling super nauseous. Even sitting up can be too much if I haven't eaten recently, or if I eat too much.

I went out today because I felt sorry for my kid. Thank god she has school and her dad, because right now I am useless at mothering her. This was her first day in several days when she just had me, though. We just got cable and I spent the morning laying on the sofa with her while she watched Treehouse and nursed.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thismama View Post
Are other people feeling so non-functional? Like, I can barely stand up for a long time without feeling super nauseous. Even sitting up can be too much if I haven't eaten recently, or if I eat too much..
Definitely! It feels like I've barely interacted with DS today, he has been hanging with his dad most of the time. I have also had two slight dizzy spells in the last couple of days, this is something new this time around and makes me feel even more tied to a chair!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:

Are other people feeling so non-functional?
Good word! I don't have super bad nausea, I just feel so*dang*tired. All the time. I get up and ten minutes later I want to crawl back into bed. My partner (who should be sympathetic since she's done this before!) told me I was "boring!" Yes, that's me. Boring!

Today I got up at 7 with the kiddo, got her breakfast and read the paper. Got showered and ready for church. All three of us went to church, then came home. I unloaded the dishwasher and then napped. My wife has been cleaning all afternoon (she's slightly obsessed.) I've been hanging with the kid, helping out a bit, surfing. Now we are going to get kiddo dressed again (she goes through three outfits a day, at least!) and go pick out a housewarming gift for some friends, then head over to their place for dinner. And I can't wait to crawl into bed because tomorrow is wifey's day to get up early with our daughter and I can sleep til 8 or 8:30! Wee!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbyquilts View Post
i worked on my christmas cards

Now I have no excuse not to think about them!

·
Registered
652 Posts
We hung out with the kids, played at the park. I have to agree though, I feel so tired these days that doing anything is truly a chore. I am exhausted by 3pm and just want a nap.

Speaking of tired. Off to bed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Today:
Work in the morning (special ed middle school teacher)
Afternoon -Has a sub school district business - training on special ed forms
Now - currently sitting in a graduate class not paying attention -surfing the net AND doing homework

At some point today I will get to eat some good food and kiss my kid

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Just an average day at work, until my last hour. Usually, that's my prep hour, but did I get one iota of preparation for tomorrow's classes done? No. I negotiated with a student who would rather stay under my desk than go back to his classroom (not that I blame him... long story, but I wouldn't want to be a student in his class, either), and eventually got his brother out of class on the high school side to help him out. As I was walking him back to his class, I happened upon another student hiding in an office. He had wet his pants. We don't have any pants his size at school (he's in third grade and tall), so I had to run (literally run... but it's less than 1/4 mile so what am I complaining about, really?) home, grab him some basketball shorts, and run back.

·
Registered
406 Posts
NOTE: this is very unusual, but I re-arranged the downstairs this morning. DD's playroom use to be in our dining room, now it is where it should be....in the formal living room right next to the family room...where my beloved couch sits.
:

It was very nice to get some cleaning done for a change and sort through some of her old toys. She is very excited about her new playroom, and it is much lighter and brighter than her old one...bonus. She spent much more time playing independantly today, which could either be the newness of the room or the fact that it is so close to the kitchen and family room where we spend most of our time. I should have done this a long time ago!

Other than that, I spent most of the day either playing with dd or eating. Today my nausea/hangover/stomach flu feeling was at its worst, so I have no idea why I was able to get so much done. I am paying for it tonight, though....super, super sick!

DD is hanging in there. She seems to be adjusting well to me not feeling that great. She a little trooper and I just miss her so much, sounds weird, but I am really looking forward to feeling better so DD and I can get back to enjoying how awesome she is!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Working this evening.................

Dh was home today so we were just lazy...... its very rainy in Southeast Alaska these days. The 2 boys were happy at home so we made blueberry smoothies, did laundry, cleaned a bit, and I took a short nap before work.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Quote:

Are other people feeling so non-functional?

I'm exhausted just reading what everyone is doing
. Seriously. I am doing NOTHING. I finally dragged my butt to Target today to buy a gift for a baby shower I'm attending this weekend. I left dd at home with mil, who has been at my house all day every day for the last 5 days or so, which is the only thing that is saving me. She plays with dd, and I stay in bed. If only I could find a personal chef to bring me food. No. Wait. I would have to actually find food appealing for that to work
:.

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OMG
: We are living in a pit. This house is a wreck and 3 bathrooms need to be cleaned. I am too tired to do it and hubby is working tons of hours and he can't do it either. Sigh...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.