Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pounding ebay for a couple of months looking for the Carter's hungry caterpillar stuff. I specifically wanted a 0-3 onesie that said "a beautiful butterfly" for Shea's first outfit. There were some, but they were either too much or the wrong size. And the "newborn hats" are way too big. There are lots of beautiful butterfly hats but I so don't want to pay $10 for one.
When Carters came out with this line I was like "Why the freak am I not pregnant NOW??"
Anyway. So much for that. Discontinued. Price gouging will happen.
So I picked out a couple of things that sit in my room on this really soft pink blanket we got at the shower. One of them is a onesie that says "a star is born" in really small embroidery, the other is a little tshirt with a pink flower on the front. I have these velvet like pink pants to go with either but it may be too warm to put her in anything but a onesie, if anything at all. But it's nice to have these things picked out and waiting. And oh yeah, little socks with pink hearts on the bottom. As if newborn socks need traction on the bottom. Some of this baby stuff cracks me up.
We have the outfit that my son wore on the way home from the hospital but it has a stain on it! I swear I don't know what it is; he only wore the thing once or twice. I do have the hat that he wore in the hospital too. At the hospital where he was born, old ladies knit caps for the newborns. I have a few of them. His was white.
Ugh it's Shea's active time. Only at night! During the day it's not like this. In the evening it's like she realizes she's claustrophobic and wants OUT. Her favorite is to move during a contraction. Feels great! Do it more! Please!! :LOL
Karen

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
nak

Right now, just those fold over/snap t-shirts, a diaper, and a receiving blanket!

So funny about Shea's actove period at night--Cully did that too, and was doing it last night. Eyes wide open, just laying there moving arouond & checking stuff out--all at around midnight. I pointed it out, & Alex mentioned that he was active at night in utero, too. Watched him & thought, "yeah, that's what that felt like!! " :LOL

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
:LOL YOu are funny.

Gwen is usually in a diaper and soaker or wool shorts. She's worn a few tshirts that were onesies I cut and serged. She's worn a couple of onesies. Oh, and the outfit in her album where she's matching her cousin, she's worn that dress top a few times b/c it's soft and cute and preemie so it fits well. I like sleeveless dresses with a soaker under, but we only have a couple of those and they're 3-6 months. Anyway, it's hot and she's held almost all the time, so she is normally a topless baby. She's worn socks once, too. :LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sam is usaly in onesies durring the day and gowns at night. I like the gowns, cause I don't have to mess with snaps at night. Some times if we are going out, I will dress her up alittle. She has worn socks 1 time. BUt we are in Texas and it is hot.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well I have a pink floral wrap shirt to put her in for coming home, complete with matching hat and a pink diaper cover that i got at a consignment sale. For other times in the hospital I have a sage colored tie dye wrap shirt, some gowns and some other stuff. Ahhhh........ oh and some home made tye dye that me and my mom made for her this past February.

·
Registered
117 Posts
we just do t-shirt diaper and socks when we're around the house. maybe a sleeper, depending on how high the ac is being blasted. :)

when we go out, I usually dress him in a little romper type thing or in pants and a t-shirt or a sleeper, depending on how cool the place is. DH's ofice, for xample, is generally freezing so I dress him in a sleeper if we're going there to say hi to everyone.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Usually a diaper and a swaddling blanket. I have to get him almost naked for feedings, and I got sick of taking off his clothes. If we go out, he gets a tshirt or onesie as well and is usually in the sling. It's hot here.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hi, I am Kim and while I am not due until July 9, I am having my baby June 24th. (not unless she decides to come before then)

I am having a girl after having two boys (my oldest is a girl) and I am doing the whole pink, frilly thing.

I love the Carter's clothing. I have a few of the above line the OP mentioned but all in bigger sizes that look more boyish so I gave them to my SIL. I do have several things from their Sweet Daisy Line and their other line that is the darker pinks with butterflies, can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. My aunt had a lot of things from some of the older lines that are now discontinued, the one with cats (pinks and purple) and the John Lennon Pink Elephant line. I do not have any of the Little Rose line that just came out, but the stuff is really soft and beautiful. The DogGone line they have out for boys is adorable.

I've bought a great deal of clothes off eBay and at local boutiques and resale shops. My best find on eBay was a lot of antique batiste baby gowns dating back to 1890. Each of them is hand embroidered and include the slips plus what they called a baby coat that has a church emblem on it. I paid $20.00 for the 13 peices. So you can say I plan to dress this baby either in stuff like Carter's onesies, sleepers and outfits to more frilly boutique items.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hi Kim! Welcome to June

Because we don't know the gender of our baby, of course we have tons of yellow, green, whitish clothes. Once it dawned on me that the there WILL come a time when we do know the gender, and that that time will be at the hospital, soon. So I picked out one very boyish set of clothes and one very girlish set. I plan on mostly using gowns and onsies anyways, but once I set out the little outfits it kinds struck me: I'm going to have a real baby with a real gender. I don't know why, but then I get kinda sad about having to say goodbye to the idea of having a little boy or a little girl, whichever one it isn't.
Ah, hormones.

--Grace
Due 6/28 with a
:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Our babies are usually naked the first week or so of life. We put a tiny little summer knit short sleeved sweater on her with her socks and hat. As soon as we got in the door from the birth center, she was back in blankie. We gave up on nb dipes cause they just didn't fit her right. We discovered that if we just wrapped her in old receiving blankies that didn't matter, that she cried a whole lot less. She lived like that for about a week. We just washed the blankets when she messed them up! After that it's Carter's gowns with stretchy bottoms, and onesies or nothing!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.