Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i just get some feedback on the name felix? i tried and tried and tried to come up with a name for the lil guy coming and nuthin. then when i wasnt thinking, the name felix popped up for no apparent reason. the only other names that i kinda like are poss fox and also desmond, but really mostly thinking about felix desmond. looked it up and felix just means happy

although i'm keeping in mind that when he's born, he very well could not look at all like a felix or anything remotely similar

in some ways its nice that i dont have to "check in" with someone else on what to name him -- the "seed donor" is no where to be found - but would also be nice to have someone who's as involved in his livlihood to bounce ideas off of too. so many decisions to make on my own as the father has made no attempt to have contact since the beginning of april.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
it's cute. This post is probably gonna get moved unless you make it about single parenting.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Maybe we should talk about how hard it is picking out a baby name on your own when your a single mom?

·
Premium Member
16,735 Posts
OTOH, at least you have full control of the choice. My X and I had a hard time agreeing on names, and when we finally did, the baby turned out to be the opposite sex

I think it's hard to not have someone to bounce the more important things off, but of course, you have us

(thank's Jilian)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks again, i edited to mention the decision is difficult on my own ... or is it

like i said in another thread, i may be blessed not having to deal with a lot of immediate headache involved in certain relationships ... definitely didnt end up being a healthy one with this ds's seed donor!!!
appreciate the feedback on the name

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
okay, my gut instinct was :
some guy who grows into an aloof jerk and treats people like he is too good for everyone. but the "it means happy" part got me going on it not being so bad. so now i am torn. but still slightly leaning toward "jerkish" label of a guy named felix.
didn't mean to hurt feelings, please don't be offended. if you still like it you like it. people STILL dislike my boys' names but i love them! go with what you feel.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for being honest crunchyconmomma ... i appreciate a good honest person
... looking for honest feedback on this!
now im curious, what are the names of your little bandits?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts