Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious, and wanting some feedback on the name felix...
i had tried and tried and tried to find or think of a name that i liked and when i decided to stop, the name felix just kinda popped into my head. have had some kinda mixed impressions on the name - for whatever my mom HATES the name, and my brother says its not a very masculine name .... but im not all about raising a super masculine boy unless he just IS that way of his own accord kwim? anyway, the only other names that have come up are fox and desmond but mostly leaning to the combination felix desmond. dunno ... growing up with a name like jennifer OH SO POPULAR AND UNORIGINAL a name, i want my son to have a name that is not so popular but not real far out there.
also looked up what felix means and its just means happy

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I like it, especially with the middle name
I wouldn't let your mom influance you at all, I let my mom influance me on a few things and I totally regret it to this day.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Not in your ddc, but I went to school with a Felix! He was tall, dark-haired and very smart. But, he played sports and and no one thought he was girly because of the name. He did get called "Felix the Cat" a lot. It was sort of his thing.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
My first thought is Felix the Cat & while that is an older cartoon it isn't so old that kids won't know to call him that. That may or may not be an issue to you...

I personally really like Desmond & I think that Desmond Felix is a good compromise. But that is just my opinion

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've thought about desmond felix also ... does desmond seem a little "stodgy" to anyone? just curious, it is better for a nick name - desy or des for short - how do you shorten felix? im a cat fan and like felix the cat's mischieviousness, so that doesnt bother me a lot but may become an issue for him?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I think Felix is soooo cute. It will be an awesome, adorable baby-kid name and then a sophisticated, French adult name. I would go for it!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think Desmond Felix is a fantastic name. But Felix even as a first name I think is great too, I admit that Felix the Cat did pop into my head BUT it was a mere reference to where I'd heard the name before, I thought Felix the Cat was quite cool myself, like you qjraven8 I like Felix the Cat's mischieviousness, and on the scale of things being related to Felix the Cat because your name happens to be Felix isn't a major at all, well thats my opinion I guess its impossible to predict how he would feel about it, but I can't see it being a big problem. So I think either way, as first or second name, its good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts