Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to post in the Januari thread when I realised its not januari anymore!!
Last night was home made oven roasted wedges with peas brocoli and quorn nuggets.
Tonight it will big a big bowl of lentil soup with homebaked bread (rising as I type).
Wednesday is market day so I get new veg for the coming week

·
Registered
712 Posts
We had fresh salad lad night with a vegan pot pie fron fat free vegan--really good! We used the last of our home dried garden tomatoes on the salad and I made a rockin raw "ranch" dressing for the salad!
Here is how I did it if anyone is interested: I soaked a cup and a half raw cashews for a few hours. I drained the water then put them in a blender with a cup or so water, juice from half a lemon, some apple cider vinegar, two garlic cloves, and some sea salt and about a tablespoon mrs dash. Also some raw honey (could use agave) I have used cilantro and parsley in this with good results as well. This has become my favorite dressing.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Im going to join this month so I can get some new ideas. We're really trying to simplify our meals, overlap ingredients and cut our grocery bills.

Last night was tofu/veg green curry on rice noodles

Tonight is this soup http://operabuffo.blogspot.com/2009/...not-vegan.html

We veganize it/add more spice/corn/avocado chunks. And toight it will be made with black beans since thats what we have
I LOVE THIS SOUP!!!!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Tonight we had thai squash soup (pulled from the freezer) with nann bread. I also made some zucchini pancakes because I had put some frozen grated zucchini in the microwave to thaw for muffins and forgot about it until I took a bit of the muffins and realized - d'oh.

I have food for two more meals this week. Chickpea noodle soup and sweet potato/pinto bean chili.

My MIL is coming up Thursday and wants to "help" me. So, my idea is to get her to play with babies on Friday so I can go crazy in the kitchen and stock pile some stuff in our freezer. Then dh is home on the weekend so I figure between the two of them they can keep the kids entertained. Dh is away for work at the end of February so it will be nice to have some meals to just pull out when I'm on my own. Now to figure out what I want to make.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Last night was black bean tacos and tonight will be an Amy's cheeseless pizza with salad.

The raw ranch looks good! I used to make so many raw dressings and loved them. Need to get back in that habit!

Cindy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Marmalade View Post
Tonight we had thai squash soup (pulled from the freezer) with nann bread. I also made some zucchini pancakes because I had put some frozen grated zucchini in the microwave to thaw for muffins and forgot about it until I took a bit of the muffins and realized - d'oh.

I have food for two more meals this week. Chickpea noodle soup and sweet potato/pinto bean chili.

My MIL is coming up Thursday and wants to "help" me. So, my idea is to get her to play with babies on Friday so I can go crazy in the kitchen and stock pile some stuff in our freezer. Then dh is home on the weekend so I figure between the two of them they can keep the kids entertained. Dh is away for work at the end of February so it will be nice to have some meals to just pull out when I'm on my own. Now to figure out what I want to make.
let us know what you are freezing! i'm about to start feeding the freezer in anticipation of babymoon time.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Last night was multi-grain pancakes & veggie sausage. However I could not stomach the veggie sausauge. Food aversions are really aweful! I can't stand the taste, texture & often the smell of anything even slightly meatlike. The only exceptions of course are soyrizo & taco meat from my fav drive-thru

·
Registered
674 Posts
this week
m-greek salad with lentils
t- gorgonzola gnocchi
w-beans and rice with tom and avo etc toppings
make lemon cookies
th-stuffed shells with arugula salad
f-sweet potato okra stew from freezer

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
jldumm: What are you stuffing your shells with?

Tonight we are having savory french lentils, roasted brussells and steamed carrots (mostly those are for DD's benefit).

Cindy

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Tonight was roasted eggplant tomato sauce w pasta hemp seeds. With peas carrot and cuke slices on the side.

I think if I get the energy tonight I'll prep a lentil soup for lunch tom. w the leftover pasta, tomato sauce and maybe the eggplant. Though I was hoping there would be enough eggplant to make a small curry out of tom. but I really don't think so

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last night we had spicy collard greens with black-eyed peas over brown rice. Tonight we'll be having vegan pizza with basil, sundried tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, and creamy "cheese" sauce.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklyn_warbler View Post
let us know what you are freezing! i'm about to start feeding the freezer in anticipation of babymoon time.
I managed to make:

spaghetti sauce
shepherd's pie
beanballs
pumpkin bread
rhubarb/blackberry jam
apple/romano bean curry

I have some more time tomorrow and hoping to make:

carrot soup
lentil/vegetable soup
thai squash soup
lasagna

·
Registered
674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
jldumm: What are you stuffing your shells with?

Tonight we are having savory french lentils, roasted brussells and steamed carrots (mostly those are for DD's benefit).

Cindy
raw goat cheese i made last week, herbs, spinach, mushrooms

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Tonight I made creamy cauliflower soup also zucchini and orzo. The orzo tasted almost like I remember Rice a Roni tasting--except this didn't have msg or other chemicals in it. Both recipes were super easy.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
DD is sick so I am going to make a veggie noodle soup for supper tonite. Poor girl. Her tummy is really hurting. I think I will throw in some ginger, and miso to help her tummy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.