Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some new ideas for breakfast. We have enjoyed smoothies, scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, oatmeal (this is our focus) ect, but I'm just curious what others are eating.

And to qualify this, I am looking for high fiber, high protein, low sugar and low carbs for breakfast.

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
466 Posts
we do homemade granola, oatmeal, fruit and sprouted grain breads with nut butters. it is quick easy, holds us all over and super healthy.

now that it is getting warmer we do smoothies with hemp oil, spirulina or kelp powder and protein powder added in. it gives us all a protein boost for the day, which can be a challenge at times.

good luck!

oh, you can google 'pure core organics' and see what you come up with. friends of mine have a vegan fam site in which they have a whole recipe section. you can also link up to it via my blog and click on 'hip vegan fam site'

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
There's a recipe on the main page of Mothering that sounds really good. It has couscous, raisins, apricots. Sounds great but I haven't tried it yet. Just go to the main page and look for recipes.

Kathi

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Trader Joe's Vegan cinnamon raisin rolls toasted and spread with almond or peanut butter.

I also love scrambled tofu. I use the PPK recipe, but I add a generous amount of kale to it.

My personal favorite is thin sliced pressed tofu fried in just a bit of olive oil, about a teaspoon, with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper added while it cooks, over whole grain toast with sauteed spinach and lemon juice. Sadly, not such a hit with the kid. She only likes greens dipped in catsup.

I'm sort of generally a fan of spinach in breakfasts. I used to eat it in scrambled or with soft boiled eggs when I still ate those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.