Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:

It seems like it's been a while since we had a good old fashioned "what's for dinner" thread. I'll go first!

Tonight we're having spaghetti and meatballs, since we've been watching Season 4 of _The Sopranos_ on DVD, and I've been craving Italian. :LOL DP may have ravioli instead. With it, a big green salad of the fresh lettuces from our CSA.

What's on your menu?

~nick

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Were grilling out. All natural turkey hotdogs, chili lime corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. Fruit salad for desert.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ahhh, it's Spanish night tonight.

We're having:
Manchego and Cabra Barracho (drunken goat) cheeses, spanish chorizo and anchovie stuffed olives...with bread of course.
YUM!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
We were out shopping until around 7, so when we got home I made something quick. Whole wheat penne with Trader Joe's Sun-Dried Bruschetta on top (which is yummy on pasta.)

While the pasta was cooking I made a huge salad with my CSA lettuce, strawberries, walnuts, and a homemade balsamic dressing.

My husband was raving how good everything was even though I got it on the table so quick.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redsmama
Asian pizzas on ww tortillas - hoison sauce, tofu, cashews, water chesnuts, red peppers, green onions, & cheese - with a beautiful salad.

We had lentil soup over brown rice. And mixed greens with walnuts, beets and grapes W/ homemade apple/balsamic vinagrette(sp).

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoebe
Ahhh, it's Spanish night tonight.

We're having:
Manchego and Cabra Barracho (drunken goat) cheeses, spanish chorizo and anchovie stuffed olives...with bread of course.
YUM!
Love love love the drunken goat

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingKvinna
Recipe, please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rach
Vermillion- chili lime corn on the cob sounds sooo good...what is it? lol
It's very simple and less fat and calories than using butter. Just cook your corn on the cob the way you like it, rub it with a wedge of lime and sprinkle with chili powder. It is very tasty

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Grill out chicken with mediterranean veggie mix (frozen) put on the grill in a tinfoil bag. Potatoes in the oven. Also baking a squash and a sweet potato for DS--will freeze the extras to be used over the next couple weeks...

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermillion
It's very simple and less fat and calories than using butter. Just cook your corn on the cob the way you like it, rub it with a wedge of lime and sprinkle with chili powder. It is very tasty

Thank you! Although, to be honest, what I would probably do is *first* use butter, then sprinkle with lime and chili powder.
: I actually have a recipe for tilapia with chili-lime butter, so I bet I could just make that butter up and use it on the corn. Yum! DP requested corn on the cob (and lobster, but that's another thread) for Father's Day dinner, so we'll try this then if not before. Thanks again.

~Nick

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
BBQ asparagus, red/green peppers, zuchinni, eggplant splashed with balsamic and sprinkled with roasted garlic. Potatoes roasted in the oven with the garlic and some olive oil. Fresh green beans with a dot of butter. Bison stiploin steak. Chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze. This was for the family.

I had a huge plate of the roasted vegetable and garlic, 1/3 of a bison steak, some of the green beans. A small piece of cake, because dd made it all by herself. A glass of wine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.