Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet little baby Amber started crawling last week, and is now pulling herself up to stand, and can do it well, but she's still standing on her tippy toes. I know that babies grow from top to bottom and inside out, but I'm wondering what I should expect next?
OMG, I love to watch her crawl all around the house! But even though my house is very clean, it seems like it's never clean enough.

Back to my question, what comes after standing with support?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Cruising might be next: walking along the furntiure hand-over-hand.

Little P is still on this stage, and between the cruising, climbing, and crawling, I think he's lost the desire to learn how to walk, or even stand unassisted! Not that I'm complaining....

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
My dd would "dance" after pulling herself up on something. She'd rock from side to side, or bounce a little by bending her knees.

Pretty soon you might see her only holding on with one hand while looking at a toy with the other! Or she may start to let herself down in a more controlled "squatting" way rather than just going kaboom!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzybee
Back to my question, what comes after standing with support?
Letting go! At least for my little guy. He lets go and just teeters there for a few seconds, and then whoomp! When I put him down now, I often put him on his feet, make sure he's balanced, and let him go. The time he stands unassisted is getting longer and longer.

Also, as the others mentioned, squatting to reach a toy he's dropped and straightening back up; holding on with only one hand; a little cruising. When standing at the couch, he lifts his leg as though he's going to climb up on it.

Scary, isn't it?! :LOL
~nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts