Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray! It's the weekend.

Dh is home and he's making pancakes for breakfast, and the children are happily bouncing around the house. My Emily books came in the mail yesterday, so maybe I'll read a bit this afternoon. After breakfast we'll dress all the kids, and then we have a few errands to run. I soaked some beans last night, so I threw those in the crockpot with some V-8 and frozen veggies. I'll add some chili spices and ground beef later today. So, supper's handled. So, it looks like it's going to be a pretty laid back day.

What's your plan?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Today was a pancake morning here too. Unfortunately dh works weekends so it as me cooking and with varying diet restrictions it was three separate batches of pancakes which of course results in a whole lot of dirty dishes. tomorrow will definitely be a cereal morning!
Today's plans are driving to meet my parents for lunch (yes we will travel an hour for a free meal and to kill half the day). It does also wok out that my sil and bil live in the same city that we are metting them (our halfway point) and we'll head over there for a play after lunch. Dinner with them and kids in pj's for the ride home will hopefully make sor an easy transfer into bed.
Tomorrow I'll have to make a meal and probably do some cleaning!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have 2 batches of pancakes here. Wheat just tastes good for the rest of us, but ds gets some with oat/rice flour. Not bad, but certainly not as good. Well, and more expensive, so if the rest of us don't have to eat them, then we may as well not.

And if we had family only an hour away, we'd go for the day, too! We go to church an hour away (sometimes an hour and a half...we home church, so the host changes), and we stay the day and LOVE IT.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
at 1 Im taking the kids to a basketball game I dont want to go to so my son can get his tiger cub patch at the banquet at the end of the month...

then we are going to my moms house to meet my brother and his new girlfriend and mom is making meatloaf and some sort of potatoes (either mashed or twice baked, I'm happy either way)

tomorrow we are driving up to Wisconsin to my dads house to watch the superbowl, again with my brother and his girlfriend... also taking moms youngest (not dads child) just to get her out of moms hair for a day. I find if I do this now and then, she is more willing to take my kids for a day here and there lol.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I get to go out to lunch and a movie with a girl friend! DH will be watching DD for me and I will just enjoy my afternoon!!!

We are thinking of the park and Costco this morning. I have not been able to really eat any dinner the last few nights, so I should actually put something in the crock as well so I at least don't have to cook what I don't eat.

Tomorrow we are going to a superbowl party and hopefully on a walk in the morning.

I am looking forward to this weekend!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
We're snowed in here, so, not a whole lot.

My husband made breakfast this morning while the baby was still sleeping and I cleaned the bathroom. Then the baby and I played for a little while and put away laundry. Then baby and husband went down for a nap, haha. So I'm eating a pbj, watching the snow fall, and wasting time on the internet

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm envious of all of you! I have to work today (at home) because I haven't gotten ANYTHING done in the last week due to m/s and DS2 had dental surgery. So, just another day, no weekend for me. However, tonight we are going to my parents for dinner so I don't have to cook. Yay!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Off to my parent's house to celebrate my mom's birthday with family. Pretty mellow weekend. Luckily, I have a four day weekend and am very excited! I plan on lounging around, meeting up with a girlfriend and finally I have some time to hit the gym. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better too (less MS).

Superbowl tomorrow!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another pancake breakfast here

It's DS's 2nd birthday today, so we started with pancakes, then all did the dishes (a favorite activity of his). The morning was spent building blanket forts, running around the house and stuff. Now he's napping.

DH went to the grocery store and picked up ingredients to make MILKSHAKES! (i've wanted one in the worst way, but since it's winter all my favorite places are closed for the season). So we made milkshakes for us and made a carrot cake for DS's birthday.

As soon as he wakes up from his nap, we're heading over to SIL's house for a small family birthday party (just my immediate family & DH's immediate family).

Tomorrow, hopefully, we'll just do laundry and lay low

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.