Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is #4 for me so I really dont need anything but a few more dipes and a gypsy mama gauze wrap so what baby items have you bought or are planning on? I would love to see links

this is what I want http://www.theslingstation.com/gmbbb.html

I can't decide on the Sarah or the Morgaine which do you like?
I already have a blue moby wrap thats why I was leaning more torward the Sarah but I do like them both
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
I can't decide on the Sarah or the Morgaine which do you like?
I already have a blue moby wrap thats why I was leaning more torward the Sarah but I do like them both
Both of those are really cute, but my favorite is the Morgaine! I haven't even started making lists of what we want/need for this baby yet. Kind of overwhelming when it's the first time! I'm heading to our local natural baby boutique in the next couple of weeks and hoping they can help me with some of the basics, and get me registered there as well. I can register there, then might feel better registering at a couple other places once I have a better idea of what I want/need.

One thing I did put on my Amazon registry is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tres-Tria-Co-s...d=T94T3J73NN6K

Has anyone tried it? Any thoughts or feedback?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
This is #4 for me so I really dont need anything but a few more dipes and a gypsy mama gauze wrap so what baby items have you bought or are planning on? I would love to see links

this is what I want http://www.theslingstation.com/gmbbb.html

I can't decide on the Sarah or the Morgaine which do you like?
I already have a blue moby wrap thats why I was leaning more torward the Sarah but I do like them both
If you click on that first photo it was mine-I did a shoot for them a year ago
So I have some wraps leftover, which is good, if I end up using them


I just need a bumbo, a high chair, a foam bed thingy for the newborn, and then I am good to go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
I am keeping things simple with this baby, not spazzing like I did with L. We're going for a convertible car seat, I want a sasha wrap, and I'm getting a booster seat at the table for my daughter and puting up the high chair for baby... She's started to climb it and that scares the crud out of me!! I'm afraid she will flip over the recining seat and hurt herself.

I have plenty of neutral blankets and friends have been giving me clothes... We're co-sleepers so we don't need a crib.

I already have the swing, bouncy, and Bumbo.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,518 Posts
I love the wraps on that page! I wouldn't be able to decide either. I'm kind of glad my options were so limited
I registered for a moby, since they have them at BRU online.

This is our first, so we registered for everything. There's probably a lot of unnecessary stuff on there for us. After much discussion, we ended up getting a travel system (this one if you're wondering, I'm excited about the red because I"m a big dork), and a Britax convertible (a smaller one, the marathon will not fit in my car). I don't really like the baby buckets for carrying baby around all the time, but they seem more comfortable for the car. Didn't see the need to register for a swing or bouncer, though DH wants us to put one or the other on there. We did register for a crib we may or may not use, but also an arm's reach cosleeper, glider and dresser. And then all the little stuff, like wash cloths, burp towels, etc. We're doing cloth, but using a service. I'm not registering for covers and plan on just purchasing a few different kinds myself to try out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
I have a reg at Oompa.com, but its little wooden baby rattles and Haba toys.

However, I did put this on my list. Not that anyone in their right mind would buy it for me, but hey a mama can dream right?!

I also need diapers. Lots and lots of newborn diapers and wool, but that's not on a registry, all that is going to be bought, or bartered for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
and a Britax convertible (a smaller one, the marathon will not fit in my car). I don't really like the baby buckets for carrying baby around all the time, but they seem more comfortable for the car. Didn't see the need to register for a swing or bouncer, though DH wants us to put one or the other on there.
For whatever my opinions are worth...

What kind of car do you drive? My Graco Snugride actually takes up more space in my car (Honda Civic) than my Britax Boulevard (same shell as Marathon just more bells and whistles). I was also quite pleased to discover that I can install both rearfacing in my car and my DH can still easily fit in either front seat. I'd be hesitant to do a smaller convertible (Decathelon?) because the shell height generally isn't enough to support rearfacing until you hit the weight limit. Did you consider a TrueFit or any other brands? I think there are several seats on the market now that support extended rearfacing pretty well.

As for the bouncer, I kept mine in the bathroom. I would use it to put DD in while I went to the bathroom (peeing while holding a baby is no big deal, but pulling your pants back up, buttoning them, and washing your hands is a bit more tricky. I would also put her in it while I grabbed a quick shower. I never felt comfortable just sticking a tiny baby on the floor in the bathroom. I was very happy to have the bouncer and will be buying this baby a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Ohiomommy: those slings are gorgeous. I can see how it would be hard to decide. My favorite is the Haumea, but I know that wasn't one on your short list. The Morgaine is really gorgeous, but if your feeling like you have too much blue, than I would go with the Sarah.

I'm afraid of how hot all the material would be here in the humid southeast. I think we are looking at a pouch-style carrier (maybe hotslings?) for its simplicity and less fabric. I also like the mei tai's and I'm sure I'll end up with a collection of slings/carriers before too long.


DH is helping me get our wish list together this weekend so I'll post our favs soon.

In the meantime, here is a link http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1072597 to another thread that I started in our DDC. It has some great ideas for anyone trying to put a wish list together. Especially, if this is your first and you have no idea where to begin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,307 Posts
WISH!!!!!!!
I am obsessed with the Chariot CX2 travel system!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I is a jogger/bike trailer/stroller/cross country ski trailer
http://www.chariotcarriers.com/english/html/cx.php

but alas...it will never be


for the carrier and all attachments...including infant sling
Is $1500
:

But I can't get it out of my head..I look it up at least once a day
GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU DANG DREAM
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss View Post
For whatever my opinions are worth...

What kind of car do you drive? My Graco Snugride actually takes up more space in my car (Honda Civic) than my Britax Boulevard (same shell as Marathon just more bells and whistles). I was also quite pleased to discover that I can install both rearfacing in my car and my DH can still easily fit in either front seat. I'd be hesitant to do a smaller convertible (Decathelon?) because the shell height generally isn't enough to support rearfacing until you hit the weight limit. Did you consider a TrueFit or any other brands? I think there are several seats on the market now that support extended rearfacing pretty well.
I drive a 2007 2 door vw rabbit. My back seat is pretty much a shelf. I hadn't looked at the truefit, the britax seats are so highly recommended that they're basically all I looked at. Now that you mentioned the truefit, I'll go back and take a look at those
I guess I'm just worried that I'm going to get this expensive eat and not be able to use it because my car is so small. We were planning on using the roundabout after the wt limit on the infant seat was reached (30lbs), and then buying another seat after that so the lower wt limit didn't concern me. We were planning on selling my car and getting a different one in 2-3 years, but right now it's paid for so I'm stuck with it. We'd talked about me driving DH's SUV instead which would make the carseat situation a lot easier, but I can't get the seat close enough to drive comfortably and safely (I'm 4'11")
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
I need a carseat, and would like a Maclaren Quest stroller. Otherwise... we're mattress/bed shopping for *US* so that we can give DS1 the twin mattresses we're currently sleeping on so he has his 'own' 'big boy' bed.... And I want to get him a bunk bed, eventually. Honestly though, I can't think of anything else that we want/need atm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,337 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I love the wraps on that page! I wouldn't be able to decide either. I'm kind of glad my options were so limited
I registered for a moby, since they have them at BRU online.


Thanks, I had no idea they had them there!


Well, so far I am registered for...a Moby Wrap. lol I'm not even sure what I need....I definitely don't need clothes or bibs or anything like that. Cloth diapers I guess, but I can always get them used on DS instead of having people buy them new.

Does anyone know of a good site to get natural baby toys? I tried Ikea, but they are frustrating me because it seems like they're infant toys are available in-store only, and the ones I looked at don't even say where they were made.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,580 Posts
The things that I want..

Moby wrap (I gave mine to my pregnant sister)
Phil and Ted's inline stroller
infant swing
co-sleeper (I think my husband is going to make one)
Ergo carrier

That's pretty much it. I've already bought all her clothes used and I'm going to trade my larger carseat for my friends infant seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
I have nothing on my list. I bought it all already
Then again I am not expecting anyone to get me anything.

I got an Beco a while ago cause I liked the print. DS never got to use it though.
Then I decided I needed a wrap and bought a didy. We are set on diapers for all sized through Large. Just up-sized our car seat so DS gets a radian for flying and the baby gets his old bucket and convertible.

But seeing what some of you have on there makes me drool.

And for what it is worth, I like the Sarah.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top