Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering this because the tests i buy from earlypregnancytests.com boast positive results at 6-8 days past conception!!

im thinking, wow are any eggs even implanted by 6 DPO?
i read a post on another board about someone who was preggo with twins testing + at 8DPO. Has anyone had anything show up between 6 and 8 DPO? --or would i be completely wasting my time taking a test tomarrow (7dpo) ?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
So far as I know, it really does depend on how sensitive and what type of test is being done, but I think the most sensitive over the counter ones are 10 dpo. Maybe you could hold out a few more days?? HTH and BEST of luck to you!

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
The fertilized egg has to implant before hcg is produced so it just depends on how soon implantation occurs.

Quote:
Q: How soon after ovulation can I test?
A: The earliest you can get a positive result on the most sensitive pregnancy tests is seven days after ovulation. Implantation needs to occur before hCG is produced, and that generally happens between 6-12 days post ovulation, usually by 10 days after. For this reason, it makes economical sense to wait until 10-12 days after ovulation, but even then a significant percentage of women who are indeed pregnant will still show a negative result.
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay- i am still wondering if anyone has ACTUAL experience getting a BFP very early- because i have read you CAN and i know most people DONT , but who has- what are your experiences? how early did you test postive?
i know i should wait..but who does what they should?

hehe
i just want to hear someone say- oh yeah i tested positive at 7dpo---then i wouldnt feel so hopeless!

thanks for your responses!

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's not what you want to hear because it's not personal experience, but I was an obsessive viewer of A Baby Story on TLC for a while.

A number of women reported getting positive when testing way before they were supposed to. It does happen. I wish I didn't know this, 'cause it just feeds my desire to break down and test.

Earlier in TTC (were on cycle 10) I got the point were I thought I'd figured out how to bring on my period-take 3 pregnancy tests. Now I'm hardened enough to wait until I'm late. Mostly 'cause I ran out of cheap tests.

·
Registered
500 Posts
IMHO, it's a waste to test that early. While it's certainly possible to test positive that early, it's NOT common and a negative won't mean you're not pregnant. Try to wait until at least 10 - 11 dpo (and even then a negative really means nothing). With that said, I admit to being way impatient and having tested positive with my son at 10 dpo. The line was incredibly faint and I doubt I would have tested positive any sooner than the 10 day mark. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've tested at DPO 10 and I've gotten a light positive. I'm determined to hold out until Thursday when I will be DPO 10 this time around. I've tested earlier with my past 2 pregnancies and nothing picked up. It's not worth getting all bummed out about it I've learned. I will be going in for a blood test on Thurs since I'm with an RE and they want to monitor my levels closely. So if I'm pregnant I hope I will definitely know then!!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to answer my own question!
i got a faint positive 11DPO. with an EPT, my internet test show a line after 30 min

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I always thought I'd tested at least 14 or more DPO with DS, but I recently found my daybook from that time and, while I do not know my exact O date (wasn't charting and I never got a positive OPK), if that cycle was anything like the previous ones (38 - 40 day cycles), then I tested faint positive in mid-afternoon on 10dpo, with a dark BFP the next morning. So now it's super hard for me NOT to test early, lol!!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I got a positive at 10 days DPO with my dd. CVS pharmacy's store brand test is what I used b/c it's the second most sensitive test out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts